Quantcast

So how was "HUCK FEST"

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Ended up going down and doing Post Canyon because the weather was looking a bit grim up in Whistler. Was curious who competed and how everyone did? Dish it up!

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Huck Fest was hucktastic! The weather ruled.... slight drizzles at the end of Saturday and Sunday.

The slopestyle event looked like a lot of fun not sure if any locals participated though. Cameron Mccaul was there doing some nasty sh!t. They built two huge DJ's for the comp as well that looked like a lot of fun if you had the balls to hit em.

Joyride DH was total fun, and cheap $10 entry+ plus $10 for insurance, and only $5 for a lift ticket if you didn't have a pass. Intinerary=Practice all day Saturday and Sunday morning (with a few A-line/Garby/Boneyard runs in between) then show up for your start time after 1:00 on Sunday, do your run (timed by their ski timing equipment start anytime w/in 6 seconds of go..... trip timer on way out of gate), then if you podium head down to GLC for some beers-n-food and your prize (deemax wheelsets, Giro fullface helmets) then go ride some more! Tlyer Moreland won it on the new Cove bike, Boe killed it with a 5th overall, I got 8th, Nate H came in tenth. Amelia came in 4th. Kyle Salsbury (fanatic in b-ham)won Junior, Nick-S got 4th. John Pitton from B-ham got 2nd in masters I think?

Overall I would say it was by the far the coolest race of the year.

Oh yeah how was Post......sounds like it's going off down there?

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Tootrikky said:
Huck Fest was hucktastic! The weather ruled.... slight drizzles at the end of Saturday and Sunday.

The slopestyle event looked like a lot of fun not sure if any locals participated though. Cameron Mccaul was there doing some nasty sh!t. They built two huge DJ's for the comp as well that looked like a lot of fun if you had the balls to hit em.

Joyride DH was total fun, and cheap $10 entry+ plus $10 for insurance, and only $5 for a lift ticket if you didn't have a pass. Intinerary=Practice all day Saturday and Sunday morning (with a few A-line/Garby/Boneyard runs in between) then show up for your start time after 1:00 on Sunday, do your run (timed by their ski timing equipment start anytime w/in 6 seconds of go..... trip timer on way out of gate), then if you podium head down to GLC for some beers-n-food and your prize (deemax wheelsets, Giro fullface helmets) then go ride some more! Tlyer Moreland won it on the new Cove bike, Boe killed it with a 5th overall, I got 8th, Nate H came in tenth. Amelia came in 4th. Kyle Salsbury (fanatic in b-ham)won Junior, Nick-S got 4th. John Pitton from B-ham got 2nd in masters I think?

Overall I would say it was by the far the coolest race of the year.

Oh yeah how was Post......sounds like it's going off down there?
Nice job brotha'! Sounds like the Northwest boys did pretty good. Tyler is a nice guy but one fast mo' fo' and especially when he's on his home turf he is going to be pretty tough to beat. Nice job to you guys!

You have got to ask Ben about P C tomorrow at work. Especially the ride I got to the top to go get my truck! :love:

I still would of liked to have done Huckfest since I would be too old to race with you guys and I would have had to race masters. :rolleyes:

Cuervo

Chimp
Jul 22, 2004
I agree with Nick, the huckfest was sweet. It was the best organized race all year! Down one of the best courses. Cheap too, it was $25 CND for race, insurance, and lift ticket. That's almost what it cost just to watch at Brokenspoke. The race was pretty laid back. Race was Sunday at 1:00 and if you missed your start time they just sent you later. I asked them why it was so chill and they said they were just out to have a good time and there was no reason not to let someone race just because they missed there start time. We had more practice then you would ever want and they fixed up Joyride a bit for the race. Another cool thing was that the trail was still open to the public during practice. And no there was no problem with that even with around 100 racers I maybe had to pass once or twice in 2 days. The only bad thing is that they only went 3 deep with the prizes, but I guess that's how it should be rather than having 1/4 of the racers on the podium like some other races. (I'm just sour because I was too slow to win one of the cool prizes) Great way to end the season! One of the best races I did all year.