Quantcast

So how was Snowshoe?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
The trails were a friggin blast...I didn't have my camera...so sorry.....It would take me too long to write up how the trails were, but needless to say they were awesome....

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Any trail updates? Pics?
it was all good until the hail/heavy rain storm hit and shut down everything twice on sunday. the pro DH course was da bomb. the conditions were perfect before the snowshoe weather on sunday. after the 1st storm cleared up, it was a blast to get in two more runs through the streams and the pouring rain. i wish we could have gotten in at least 5 more runs though.

stiff and i should have stayed at windrock on sunday, but we didn't want to deal with the slow shuttle turn-arounds with the people we were riding with (very cool folks though). an 8.5 hour drive from DC is a long way to only get in about 7-8 runs (even though a lot of fun and a good amount of vert). next time i hit up windrock*, i am going to have to organize shuttles with locals or just bring 4-5 of our own local riders to lap it out. my windrock experience was kind of skewed because of the 5-10 minutes stiff and i had to wait for the riders we were with to catch up mid-way down from the top and then the additional 10-15 minutes we waited at the bottom all the while the trailer that was supposedly full didn't look so full that we would have gladly given $$ to use :plthumbsdown: after all that driving from DC to windrock to snowshoe between friday and sunday, we skipped out on the unpredictable weather at snowshoe and headed home sunday night.

how were the snowshoe trails on monday after all that rain?

*i'll be down on vacation in gatlinburg near the end of june and will probably bring my heckler to hit up windrock again if i can hook up for some shuttles or i'll just do some local trail riding.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Oh wow, was that you at the bottom of the lift I was talking too? The Avy Cult! LOL......shoot me a PM about the Avy....BTW! Great meeting you dude....

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Oh wow, was that you at the bottom of the lift I was talking too? The Avy Cult! LOL......shoot me a PM about the Avy....BTW! Great meeting you dude....
yeah, i was riding with the guy chugging the beer (i just have to take every opportunity to post this pic :shocked:)

i met you at massanutten last year and spotted you a beer... i was busy getting drunk and passing out beers after my first ever DH race win and comeback from a stupid shoulder separation crash from the year before.

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
Saturday the trails were in perfect conditions on both sides of the mountain. There was literally nobody riding the park side, and it was a freaking gong show at the bottom of the western side with everyone trying to fight their way onto the shuttles. Hopefully the new management learned a lesson. At one point I had to wait 45 mins for a shuttle on sunday, which is completely unacceptable.

I do have to give big props to Kerry. He drove that bus harder than anyone rode their bikes all weekend. There were several times that he lapped the other driver. Everyone should toss him a few bucks every time you are there. He has a tough job, dealt with a bunch of people that were unhappy that the lift wasn't running, and still worked hard every minute of the day.

Sunday started the same way as sat, trails were perfect, shuttles were packed. 3 runs later the skies opened and unleashed on the mountain. We just pulled out of the woods and caught a bunch of punishment from the skies. They shut the mountain down, then reopened. I had the most fun on a run that I have ever had through the rain. Smile on my face the entire run. The rain then hit again and they shut it down for good.

All in all, I got a bunch of runs in on both sides, can't close my hands right now, and can only imagine how unreal it would have been if they would have had both lifts running. I just hope that all of the new riders there come back after having to deal with packed shuttles all weekend.

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
I'm going to have to return to Snowshoe. In the dry it was a completely different experience. Of course dryness didn't last too long.

I'd like to bring my trailbike and do some epic WV techXC riding. Anyone know where the info is on that? Mongohela forest, etc...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
yeah, i was riding with the guy chugging the beer (i just have to take every opportunity to post this pic :shocked:)

i met you at massanutten last year and spotted you a beer... i was busy getting drunk and passing out beers after my first ever DH race win and comeback from a stupid shoulder separation crash from the year before.
yeah, I remember....dang dude, I owe you a beer! LOL!

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
I just go back from snowshoe. It was wet today but there were only 5 of us on the DH side, Everyone left by the time the trails dryed out. sweet dreams and ball-n-jack were streams though most of the day. And lower hairball and the pro coarse were messes.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Had a great time at the Shoe this past weekend. The whole crew did too. Friday, Saturday, and part of the day Sunday was bone dry. I can’t tell you how many runs we did. I am still sore today just from doing so many runs. Most of all the trails on the East and West side were in great condition. We spent more time this trip on the East Side because the lift was running on that side. (= more runs) I think we would have spent more time on the West if the lift was up and running. It will be for the Race weekends. The Pro course was super fast and we did see Friday and Sat they were running a Backhoe on it, building brums and jumps. Power line needs a lot of work!!!! It was too easy to over jump most of the jumps, plus it was a mud river up top. Upper to Lower Hair Ball and Ball and jack were in great shape!!!! I can’t tell you though how much fun I had on the East side. I really never spent time over there. I love all the rocks and roots on that sides. Plus the Racers Edge Jump was super fun to hit.

It was great times!!!!!

Demo Dave on the Racers Edge Jump

Me on the Racers Edge Jump

Thanks to Kenan for the pics.

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
Yep twas a blast at the shoe. Big props to DemoDave for hookin up the rooms. Trails where in the best shape I've ever seen and up untill Sunday the weather was mint. And the little visit from the big bear was a bonus. The lift not beeing open on the western side was a big let down that place is MUCH more fun and worth while when it's open. And gotta shot out to FCLinder and JohnBoy for the rounds at Fire Fox, thanks fellers.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Nice pics. I've been trying to stop being a pu$$y and hit the bigger Racer's Edge jump for a while now.

The whole weekend was a blast. I have to give tons of props to the bike shop guys. (Trevyn, Derrick, Rob, CJ, etc.) On Sunday morning, I blew out the rebound cartridge in my 888. Trevyn came in literally just off his bike from giving some instruction, spent about 15 or 20 minutes taking the fork apart, looking for the problem. Once it was discovered that it was unfixable at the time, Derrick didn't hesitate to loan me a Shiver they had sitting in the shop. Not only that, but because they were busy with rentals and sales, he let me and a couple other guys go to town in the shop taking mine off, putting the shiver on, using their tools, what have you. Just an awesome group of guys.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
And gotta shot out to FCLinder and JohnBoy for the rounds at Fire Fox, thanks fellers.

Yeah anything for you d!ckhead!!!! It was a good time, and only because of the group that went with us. Anyone that was with me knows how I feel about the bullsh!t bi-laws and all that other happy horse**** that I wont get into again! :disgust1:

But thanx to everyone in our group, it was a blast.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Sounds like good times. Too bad I was sick in bed the whole time whilst you all were having fun!

Its all good though, I'll be out there other weekends, and the way I see it, the mountain will be less crowded than opening weekend :)

Jun 11, 2004
It was a good time, and only because of the group that went with us. Anyone that was with me knows how I feel about the bullsh!t bi-laws and all that other happy horse**** that I wont get into again! :disgust1:

But thanx to everyone in our group, it was a blast.
Was a killer crew we had........definately good times! And the AWESOME weather......got in sooo many runs! Wish I knew how many vertical feet I rode over those 3 days.........

I had a couple of "fires" to put out on the phone yesterday.....but in the end everything worked out! He said he would rent to me again!

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
I wanted to thank those of you who headed out to snowshoe this past weekend. The weather was some of the best we have had in the history of opening weekends I would have to say. We caught a few pics of riders this weekend. Check out the website. Our new Machined novice trail is scheduled to start construction next week.

Thanks Again!

Trail Crew

PS... check out this shot we took at a local spot near my place. It was taken on sunday after those thunder storms ripped through. Home made rail buggies, budweiser, and train gaps! Snowshoe in the background.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
PS... check out this shot we took at a local spot near my place. It was taken on sunday after those thunder storms ripped through. Home made rail buggies, budweiser, and train gaps! Snowshoe in the background.
I be impressed when you do it with your feet as a motor :D

That actually looks like a ton of fun! Where do you all live? somewhere down off of the bottom road?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I wanted to thank those of you who headed out to snowshoe this past weekend. The weather was some of the best we have had in the history of opening weekends I would have to say. We caught a few pics of riders this weekend. Check out the website. Our new Machined novice trail is scheduled to start construction next week.

Thanks Again!

Trail Crew

Tervyn, it was good hangging out with you the little I did. You should see the Video of Mo wreaking on the roller!!!! It looked as she was not getting up after the fall, but was a trooper to try it again. Had lots of fun up there and can't wait for the reaces.

Cecil

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Yep twas a blast at the shoe. Big props to DemoDave for hookin up the rooms. Trails where in the best shape I've ever seen and up untill Sunday the weather was mint. And the little visit from the big bear was a bonus. The lift not beeing open on the western side was a big let down that place is MUCH more fun and worth while when it's open. And gotta shot out to FCLinder and JohnBoy for the rounds at Fire Fox, thanks fellers.
Too bad the car trip wasn't as fun. On the way up we couldnt talk, and on the way down he wouldn't shut up.

Oh, and I love the WV locals scene. "Yeah... I just got outa rehab two months ago. Now gimme a gatoraid, I'm hung over as sh1t."

All in all it was a great time though. Thanks to all for a great time. You guys ROCK.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Was a killer crew we had........definately good times! And the AWESOME weather......got in sooo many runs! Wish I knew how many vertical feet I rode over those 3 days.........

I had a couple of "fires" to put out on the phone yesterday.....but in the end everything worked out! He said he would rent to me again!
Sweet... For which one, your place or ours?

That condo on-site guy was a friggin a-hole. Jeff shoulda clocked him the first time he got in his face. Then again, if he had I wouldn't have seen Rob call him an "Ignorant F'n Redneck".

I was thinking that we should have gone and poured Honey all over his deck and waited for the bear to show up again. ;)

Thanks again for hookin this up Dave. Any of you guys come out west, lemme know. Every single person in that group was cool as he11. I'm meeting Basher and John at Bootleg in the fall... I'll bring the Tundra so we can get in some good shuttles.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
It was really cool to get up with you....shame we never got the ride in before the lift closed...
Yeah, at least we got to have a beer though you Sallies-girl. ;)
Haha... I googled "Sallies wilmington Delaware" and look what came up. link

I liked this quote:
Q: Why doesn't Sally's have any stairs?
A: Because fairies have wings.

Haha... just bustin your balz. That is hilarious that you went to my rival highschool.

I only got one run on the Western side in on Sunday. I wanted to see how my hands were holding up before I spent $$ on a lift ticket. Luckily I got back and was able to get everything packed before the skies opened up.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Wow, same site said this about YOU'RE School...

VERY astute observer said:
1. A high school that prides itself in producing non-kablastafvcked students who frequently complete the losing cycle against their extreme godly rivals, the almighty Salesianum High School!

2. Their mascot is a joke-of-a-knight that enjoys sheethed sabers in the rectal cavity.

Wow, what do you know, St marks sucks!
:p

HAHAHA great site!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Wow, pretty harsh site!

St. Mark's:

st marks is full of a bunch of whores and fags, a second-class institution which tries to badmouth other schools in order to look ok itself

Salesianum:

A high school in the fine town of Wilmington, Delaware that seriously sucks at life and needs to get its sh!t together. Some describe it as a college preparatory institution, when in reality it amounts to little more than a gigantic, four-year sausage fest. Sallies guys like to think they're better than kids from other schools, specifically Tatnall. In this they are sadly mistaken, as Tatnall students are uniformly smarter, better-looking, and more sanitary. Sallies does have one thing going for it however: they cling to the slim hope that a meteor might one day crash into the earth and destroy only Sallies and its occupants, thus ridding the world of the scourge that is Sallies. Mkay.

The bold part is some funny sh!t right there! :D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
tatnall

a school in wilmington delaware where pompous assholes flock to in order to gain some sort of reputation. then they flaunt the fact they went to this puny institution like they were fvckin doogie houser or something

Yea. I went to tatnall. Bet you're glad you met me, huh? Now you can pretend you're my friend
-note: most tatnall kids who pull this sh!t on sallies kids get cut. bad.

OMG, this is GREAT! If anyone is from Delaware, you gotta check this site out!

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Jeff, definatley a good time, cant wait to head west in Oct., looking forward to riding with ya again. Like I said you gotta get back out here so we can show you some local goods and go check out Windrock.