Quantcast

So how was Windy Gap you ask?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
We looked for you guys at Bear Creek. No shuttle possibilities but nice XC trail. We walked up a few miles then turned around. It didn't flow very well. The turns had trees in weird places that forced you to scrub too much speed. Turkey Shoot at Fontana was better.

Next opportunity I'm going to check to see if Sky Valley still has a trail.
I need to save up my kitchen passes for a trip to WR or Big Foot.

Raaar

Monkey
Sep 13, 2004
Peete said:
We looked for you guys at Bear Creek. No shuttle possibilities but nice XC trail. We walked up a few miles then turned around. It didn't flow very well. The turns had trees in weird places that forced you to scrub too much speed. Turkey Shoot at Fontana was better.

Next opportunity I'm going to check to see if Sky Valley still has a trail.
I need to save up my kitchen passes for a trip to WR or Big Foot.
Peete, are you talking about the Bear Creek out of Ellijay (I can only assume so if it is in relation to Wendy Gap). Why no shuttle? The road past the lower trailhead gets you to the upper trailhead in 10 min or so. Pushing up must have sucked.

As far as Wendy Gap...Man, if you tried to ride that loop on a full-on FR bike may god have mercy on your soul (unless you are just a sick freak). Tibs is one of the most pain inducing climbs around. The DH is great, but not worth the price of admission if you are mainly looking for DH. There is a shuttle for that run, also, but it's way too long to make it worthwhile.

Sucks you guys didn't enjoy your rides.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Raaar said:
Sucks you guys didn't enjoy your rides.
Actually, once you got to the "downhill" section, it was a blast. Fast, jumps that just lifted you up and out, sweet berms that stuck, it was a fun ride. It was even worth the pushing, but it was not worth the time it took to shuttle. Now if we could only get someone to carry us up to the start of the downhill, it wouldn't be a bad ride at all.