Quantcast

So I actualy pulled the trigger

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I just got myself an ipod. I picked up the 30gig. and within a day I now have 27gigs of music on it. I feel so high-tech, the thing is actualy really cool I must say. My flights for upcoming trips to Aus., Japan, and Russia will be so much better with some modern sounds. As for being the last Photog without a website, I'm still working on that.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Transcend said:
You should give your friendly neighborhood web designer a call *cough *cough.
Only if you can put a minimum of 87 flash icons on each page. But seriously as I get more into the journalism side of things I'll probably drop you a line, the web-site seams like the way to go when trying to get freelance work. My mainstay of local news weddings and artsy fartsy stuff doesn't seem to require it.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
maxyedor said:
Only if you can put a minimum of 87 flash icons on each page. But seriously as I get more into the journalism side of things I'll probably drop you a line, the web-site seams like the way to go when trying to get freelance work. My mainstay of local news weddings and artsy fartsy stuff doesn't seem to require it.
No worries, for portfolios they are pretty invaluable at this point. All of the big wedding guys have them now, as it's easy to give a bride a biz card with the address on it and have them poke through it and see if their style matches yours.

News and artsy stuff doesn't really need any sort of publicity. The PJ stuff is so timely by the time i get stuff home and off the machine I have to transmit.

The site is useful if you want to have a bad ass portfolio (a la Natchwey). Check out his site if you don't think PJ stuff can make a compelling site. Every image tells a story, that guy leaves me in awe.

PS 5I can do all the flash work you want, but it will cost 1 MILLION dollars and 2 dolphins with lasers. I'll provide the pool.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Transcend said:
No worries, for portfolios they are pretty invaluable at this point. All of the big wedding guys have them now, as it's easy to give a bride a biz card with the address on it and have them poke through it and see if their style matches yours.

News and artsy stuff doesn't really need any sort of publicity. The PJ stuff is so timely by the time i get stuff home and off the machine I have to transmit.

The site is useful if you want to have a bad ass portfolio (a la Natchwey). Check out his site if you don't think PJ stuff can make a compelling site. Every image tells a story, that guy leaves me in awe.

PS 5I can do all the flash work you want, but it will cost 1 MILLION dollars and 2 dolphins with lasers. I'll provide the pool.
Natchwey is definitly one of the best photogs out there. In fact I'm lucky enough to live in socal and am going to a VII seminar soon. The PJ stuff can make a very compeling stiry indeed. As it is I'm pretty max'ed out work wise so untill I decide to work less and charge more I'm in a holding pattern of sorts.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
maxyedor said:
I just got myself an ipod. I picked up the 30gig. and within a day I now have 27gigs of music on it. I feel so high-tech, the thing is actualy really cool I must say.
I got one for Xmas this year. It's a great feeling to be able to run around with a good portion of your music collection in your pocket. I now wonder how I ever survived before I had it.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Glad to have you aboard, My ipod is so packed right now i cant fit one more song on it, along with that i need a new battery. Im trying to hold out for the next generation :evil:

Full color touch screen, 80 GBs :drool: (oh and i dont know that for sure, just speculating)...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
will a flight to russia overburden an iPod battery?

my '02 Karma is still going strong, but i think battery life has been compromised a bit.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
my '02 Karma is still going strong, but i think battery life has been compromised a bit.
Yeah, all rechargable batteries eventually lose battery life. If you popped it open you might be able to find a new battery on eBay.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
cannondalejunky said:
do u have to use itunes with ipods or can u put any mp3's on them
I am a hard core Mac guy so all my music was in itunes anyway, but they come with itunes and it is a pretty simple conversion from whatever your using right now. And yes the long flights will run down the bateries but they make external battery packs. The 7500 or so songs will keep me pretty entertained.