Quantcast

So I called Fox Tech support

J

JRB

and talked to a really helpful cat about my Talas. It's been feeling a little funky so I wondered what may be up. On a bumper sticker, the dude weighs what I weigh and told me what he runs. I have decided to change the oil tonight based on our conversation. He was really helpful. You could tell he liked being helpful and that is cool as hell to me. Yay Fox. :thumb: I wish I could remember his name to give the props straight up.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
It's always good to hear about good support - especially from a company like Fox (big, and at the top of its industry).

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Fox took a lot of heat for not jumping in half assed to the fork market, and not jumping in half assed to compete with Avalanche and Progressive.

Now they are coming out with well developed products that they have the knowledge and resources to support properly. Props for coming in a little late but doing it right.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Yup, Fox hase been very helpful in all my interactions with them, even cool ;)

J

JRB

I wish that they had told me I was stupid and to not change the oil in my fork. I had more hell getting the bottom nut off on the rebound side. It hung up and just spun and spun. It was a true pain in the ass, but all in all, pretty easy. Just rolling off the curb and through the front yard at midnight, it felt better.

Inbred - don't know why they would tell you that. The dude didn't specify brand, but said that they use 7 wt. He told me 7.5 Golden Spectro would work great.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
what kind of fork have you got? i know with Vanillas, you need to either compress the fork, or hold the top-cap thing to keep it from spinning. i hate those dang crush washers.

where did you get the fork oil at? shop in austin?

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
what kind of fork have you got? i know with Vanillas, you need to either compress the fork, or hold the top-cap thing to keep it from spinning. i hate those dang crush washers.

where did you get the fork oil at? shop in austin?

Talas - got the oil at BSSN. They told me they didn't sell it, but I gave them an old bottle with their SKU on it and they were able to. Charles has it though. I should get some new wipers and crush washers after the first of the year and really do it right. The oil was really pretty clean though. I have used Maxima oil with great luck in the past as well.