Quantcast

So I finally got a full day on my Avalanche DHF-8

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Acadian said:
But unlike the 888, it has rider weight restrictions.
Exactaly, Craig will sell you whatever you want, but trys to guide you in the direction where you'll be the happiest with the performance of his fork. Too many people that are on the max weight border or a hair over have not been satisfied with them. But like I said, Craig will tell you straight up.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Curb Hucker said:
i know, i know.

Dont forget take work off April 13, were gonna ride Pacifica.

and your bike looks much better with the Avy, the huge tubes of the Army were too huge for the 888
I'll probably ride with you that day.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
I LOVE KARPIEL :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: and AVY :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: ......probably someone will get angry now...but who cares....... :p

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
seismic said:
I LOVE KARPIEL :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: and AVY :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: ......probably someone will get angry now...but who cares....... :p
nope, i'm there too

Brian could you post a pic of the inside of your seatmass?
please.
thanks....
Steve

crash test

Chimp
Jan 26, 2005
Nepaug, CT
UiUiUiUi said:
where do you get the weight from?

i have a regular DHF8 which weighs 4.8kg (10.6lbs) the Ti should be at about 4kg (8.8lbs) which is about a pound hevier then a 888
I knew my loaded statement would get the correct weights out.

I read the weights on the mfg website, and we all know that mfg weights are always wrong. I just weighed my 03 Shiver DC with integrated stem, no axle, and it weighed 9.58lbs. I think I will barely notice a difference when i upgrade to an Avalanche DHF 8 FR. I have heard that it weighs anywhere from 10.3 - 10.6 lbs. And i have lost about ~3lbs with my 05 V10 frame vs. my old 03 V10. The 05 V10 with 5th element steel spring, seat collar, and rear axle weighed in at 11.8lbs.

It is a DH bike i guess, i shouldn't care too much about the weight. But i do for some reason. Maybe the offseason is getting to me.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
crash test said:
I knew my loaded statement would get the correct weights out.

I read the weights on the mfg website, and we all know that mfg weights are always wrong. I just weighed my 03 Shiver DC with integrated stem, no axle, and it weighed 9.58lbs. I think I will barely notice a difference when i upgrade to an Avalanche DHF 8 FR. I have heard that it weighs anywhere from 10.3 - 10.6 lbs. And i have lost about ~3lbs with my 05 V10 frame vs. my old 03 V10. The 05 V10 with 5th element steel spring, seat collar, and rear axle weighed in at 11.8lbs.

It is a DH bike i guess, i shouldn't care too much about the weight. But i do for some reason. Maybe the offseason is getting to me.
Mine weighs 10.5lbs

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
seismic said:
WOW...only a pound difference between the Shiver and the DHF ? Nice !
Joe Pozer was saying his Shiver weighs in at 8.5lbs, I don't think that's correct, I was think more on the lines of 9.5lbs. Anyone know for sure?

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Have fun on that bike!
Not to take away from your topic but I sent this e-mail to MArzocchi about 2 months ago when I got my Shiver...

Dear Customer
in reply to your technical question:
How much does the 2002 Shiver DC weigh becasue I could not find any
information about the weight of it on your website. Thanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
the reply is:
The Shiver DC weighs 9 pounds.

Best Regards,
Marzocchi Staff
661-257-6630
Attachment:
Thank you very much for your help. Feel free to reply to this email to
contact the nearest distributor in your area.
Best regards, Marzocchi staff