Quantcast

so i finally hit the big set of jumps

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
ive been eyeing these jumps up for over 6 years. finally got the balls/stupidity to hit em last week, got some footy tonight of em. id say of the regulars that come to these jumps, only 15 or 20 have hit them

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Nice set, makes you wonder where the NWD guys get the skill/guts to hit the monstrous stuff in the vids.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
oh and theres a 3rd jump and a 1/2 done 4th jump that i didnt hit. im still having trouble on the 3rd one, took quite a beating trying to dial it the other day

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Can I play WestCoastHucker for a minute? I miss that dude around here...

"Ahhhh... it's little baby jumps. How cute."

Just kidding. Nice work. They look pretty long, and video never does jump size any justice.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
Can I play WestCoastHucker for a minute? I miss that dude around here...

"Ahhhh... it's little baby jumps. How cute."

Just kidding. Nice work. They look pretty long, and video never does jump size any justice.
lol. me being 6'6" doesnt help either. lips are about 7' each, first jump is around 20', second is like 24'.

after hitting em for a few days im kicking myself in the ass for not doing it sooner. so much more airtime to try out new tricks. up next is suicide no handers, and perfecting tucks.

soon ill be taking my feet off the pedals :shocked:

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
oh and ps cru. taking wch's spot and talkin smack means if i make my way out there youre takin me for a trip off some real jumps

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
7x20-24 footers are no joke. Congrats - I'm sure it was killing you to hit them. Looks real smooth in the clips and at height - nice.

I'm an old pussy and perfectly happy in the under 15ft range. 3 kids and a wife at home is my excuse :) But I would love to find a good comfy 20 footer and get it done.

TaRd

Chimp
Aug 21, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Hey Sealclubber... are you from the Minneapolis area? Congrats on the big set, that's easily the biggest set in the area that's public anyhow.

Last edited:

TaRd

Chimp
Aug 21, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I live up in NE Minneapolis, spend most of my time at Hwy 8 and on the street, With the occasional visit to Monkey. So far this winter we have a big group of guys that goes to Showcase every Thursday so we can keep riding... you should come on out if you get bored.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
i was at showcase on nye day actually. currently im livin in the marcy holmes neighborhood, just off 35w and university. ive made a few trips to hwy 8, but monkey is my home. ill have to get in on the thursday sessions for sure. and i might add that i basically broke my neck in their ****ty foam pit lol

TaRd

Chimp
Aug 21, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I was there NYE day also or maybe that was the 1st... hungover as **** with my buddy. The foam pit is junk and there is not music there but otherwise its one of the more bike friendly places in the cities for sure. 3rd Lair you have to be a street beast to enjoy.