Quantcast

So I get a call today...

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Campus rec at ETSU called today and wanted to know if we are having a race in May. I told him I did not know, because there are a few problems:

1. There are not enough people in the ETSU club that do not race DH or slalom, so volunteers are tight.
2. NORBA charges a $100 late fee for races registered <6 weeks prior.
3. Origionally, there was a race at Wolf scheduled that week-end (or was it).
4. DH would be a lame a$$ ETSU course, and no promoting has been done.
5. I really don't want to put in the effort.
6. We probably won't get started on a new slalom course until late summer.

My mind is that we put off a race here until late summer and use the Buffalo Mountain course. This will give me plenty of time to come up with at least two options for shuttling.

If someone wants to step up, I will make the arrangements with campus, but if an profits are made they will have to go to the ETSU Cycling Club.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
I think everybody who raced in '02 will agree that it's worth the wait to get another crack at the Buffalo Mountain course :thumb:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Yeah, I'll race Buffalo even if Terry has to push my bike to the top.

How about we schedule a 4X race at the morristown track. Doug and I talked to the track commanders and their down. Plus, I don't think we need no stinking norba!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I like the idea of clumping our races in the spring, summer, or fall. Not spreading them out from May until September. I've heard talk of a fall Windrock race. I like the idea of a Fall Windrock, ETSU, and possibly Morristown 4X series.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
If we are gonna do anything those who want to step up and put on races need to get planning.

I'm in.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I will race the course on campus, I will race the course at Buffalo.
Just let me know the date, and what time I need to show.

Poet. ;)

Yeah, Buffalo would be a blast.
I would like to have it as soon as possible, but I understand the problems.
This would be a great time for us to get together, hand out fliers and all that.
The stuff that we say we are going to do every year, to get more racers out.
Racing Buffalo this year would be a great course to show newbies how fun this Dh thing is.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
bizutch said:
WOLF IS DEAD!
I'll wear diapers this time on the shuttle...incase I shat myself again...

Shoo, I'll have my little 4x4 to sally me forth. I will walk up that hill before I get into another U-haul of death. I should have one empty slot in the back of my truck (me and dougykins) and the bidding will start now.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
bizutch said:
WOLF IS DEAD!
I'll wear diapers this time on the shuttle...incase I shat myself again...

Ok, so don't forget the earthed 2 premier in Knoxville bitches~!

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Yeah there will not be any 30'+ U-hauls this year, and no English professors for drivers.

I am down for focusing on a late summer/ fall series! My late year focus is Mammoth anyway, so a series to prepare for that would be great. I will be at M'town for a 4X race, I will be anywhere to get some racing in.

B, sorry I missed out this past weekend, but I sparined my wrist in the weight room (don't ask). Is the premeire this weekend?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
ztlh13 said:
My late year focus is Mammoth anyway, so a series to prepare for that would be great.
My suggestion would be to by an altitude chamber right now. The thin air killed me last year. :nopity:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
ztlh13 said:
Yeah there will not be any 30'+ U-hauls this year, and no English professors for drivers.

I am down for focusing on a late summer/ fall series! My late year focus is Mammoth anyway, so a series to prepare for that would be great. I will be at M'town for a 4X race, I will be anywhere to get some racing in.

B, sorry I missed out this past weekend, but I sparined my wrist in the weight room (don't ask). Is the premeire this weekend?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH snap t-bone racing BMX! Switch it up with your good hand and try soem lube for pete sake.

THe earthed 2 premire is May 7th.