Quantcast

So i got a 5th and a slider+ now i need a little help...

biker3

Turbo Monkey
I got a 5th and a slider+ on my bike to replace the blown RC and a trade on my 04 super t for the slider+. So far my gemini feels really good but i could use a little help setting up the shock. I have a 350 ibs spring and i weigh 130ibs what psi would u reccomend in my fork and my 5th? Also the high and low speed compression is giving me troubles. I want it glued to the ground but still jumpable. I like a fairly active feel but not like the RC was. Any suggestions? Ill have pics by the end of the weekend.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Rear Shock setup response:

Your faily light so I would try about 80 psi to start. If you experience pedal bob, raise the air pressure in 5psi increments. You should not have to go above 110 psi for your weight. Let me know if it still bobs any pressure above 100 psi. You might have to dial up the Beginning stroke adjustment a little.

What do you mean by "the high and low speed compression is giving me troubles"? What is happening?

Jumping: If you used to riding a fox, you are used to having poor rebound damping. If you want a little faster rebound to preload and release the suspension for jumping, try a little less rebound damping. Becareful not to back it out past the stop. Use the plastic driver that they had in the shock's box.

I try to run the rebound as fast as posible without being launched over the bars. The parking lot test causes many people to turn up the rebound too high. This leads to packing.

Let me know your results.