Quantcast

so, i got a root canal yesterday

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
yay!
went to the dentist in february, and for a quote for $700 for a minor repair i needed for a cavity in a molar.

kept delaying the appointment, since i had a lot of work and travelling to do... until monday, when the freaking tooth broke, but since it didnt hurt and it was the end of the month (had a lot of work to do), i waited one more day, so on tuesday, it broke again! after that, the jagged edge made me go to the dentist.

after the appointment, i was quoted $1700 for a root canal+bolt+crown

surprise! my insurance does not cover the porcelain crowns, so i have to pay for it.
sucks, on top of having my gums drilled, i gotta spend a lot of money from my new bike fund. :(

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i should have gone in february, when it was much cheaper and less invasive to have it fixed.

i had the root canal done yesterday.. damn, its a pain in the ass.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Pics? Gum surgery last year (also had the bottom done later in the summer):

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I've had 7 root canals in my 33 years on earth (thanks mom and dad for the sugar addiction). Not sure if this will work (from FB) but I took a picture of myself last time I got one:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Ha ha - it seriously never gets old. One day they'll change that picture and have the last laugh though.
It doesn't actually. I giggle every time I have to go find that picture. You bring up a good point though, I really should save that picture for posterity's sake.

*edit: Consider it done!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
damn. went do my old dentist and he said 5 cavities. 2 in my wisdom teeth which he said i should have pulled out due to risk of gum disease, hardly any covered by insurance with big $$$ cost. well, along came my bike accident and the work never got done. two years later, my insurance plan changed and i ended up with a new dentist. her opinion: 1 cavity in need of drilling/filling, and 4 areas that could be treated with minor preventative coatings, no tooth pulling needed, 100% covered. bo-ya!