Quantcast

So, I got my hands on a copy of modern warfare 2

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
It is a legit copy, not the leaked versions that have shown up on the net. It has been fantastic so far. Graphics are better, and the environments are much more colorful than WAW, and MW1. Single player is very intense, and the special ops stuff I have seen so far is as good or better than the zombies in WAW.

The scoring in the multiplayer games is much different than the last. You get bonuses for doing all kinds of stuff. The sentry gun and predator is the whip as well. Have not earned the AC 130 shown in the trailer yet.

The weirdest thing was logging on and seeing only about 2000 people logged in and playing online, as opposed to the hundreds of thousands you are used to.

Very impressed. 9.5/10.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Looking forward to this game but I dont think Ill play it as much as I did COD4. The running and gunning is getting kind of old and Im currently playing Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising for the sheer realisme of the game.
Maybe MW2 will grab my full attention once I play it tho.

As for no dedicated servers and mods, Im a console gamer (PS3) so Im not bothered at all.
I think Infinity Ward, or more likely Activision were just sick of serving the needs of PC gamers that arent even paying for their games anyways.
Cant say I really blame m but people who actually buy PC games are getting ****ed over with this. Im sure someone will crack it soon enough tho...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
huh? i'm a pc gamer..does WAW2 not have online play or something? i've been looking forward to this game for a while now.

edit: if "no mods" means no cheats then i'm super happy. i don't spend much time learning hacks and i hate playing against those who do.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
no mods doesn't mean just no cheats, but no modifications to the game. something very popular among the pc crowd.

the big one here is lack of dedicated servers.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think "mods" refers to changing the game...ie adding realism, creating zombies, different guns, skins, etc.

I'm looking forward to the game, as I actually enjoyed the single player quite a bit, and am now just getting into the multi player. friggin pseudo RPG has me addicted. Don't know if it's worth the $60 over the 40 or so I payed for COD4. Kind of waiting to see what people have to say.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I'm still going to snag a copy. Good games for the PS3 are far and few between.

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
:picsstfu:

maybe you only see 2000 people online because it hasnt been released yet.
and howd you get your copy again?
Really? I had not thought of that. Anyway..

Got my copy from a local mom and pop video game shop that sits across the street from a wallmart. They had an boxes of the game, and started selling them as soon as they got them in. I had a few friends stop by there after me, and the shop would not sell them the game stating that they had gotten a call from activision telling them to stop selling the game.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Right now I'm still working on Arkham Asylum. Once I finish that, I need to finish Twilight Princess for Wii.

Other games on the "to play" list:

-Katamari Forever, PS3
-Uncharted 1 & 2, PS3
-deBlob, Wii
-Prototype, PS3

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Really? I had not thought of that. Anyway..
you say theres usually "hundreds of thousands of people" online and wonder why theres only 2000 on a game that shouldnt be available yet.
that call they got from Activision was probably along the lines of them never being able to sell their products again

so lets see a pic of the box.

-Uncharted 1 & 2, PS3
skip Drakes Fortune and go right to Uncharted 2....best game ive played in a real long time.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
skip Drakes Fortune and go right to Uncharted 2....best game ive played in a real long time.
is the storyline for uncharted 2 complete enough that it can stand alone, or would I benefit from getting the backstory in drake's fortune?

I still kinda wanna play the first one. Fps's ain't quite my forte, so it wouldn't hurt to brush up. Besides, isn't it like $20 new now?

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
you say theres usually "hundreds of thousands of people" online and wonder why theres only 2000 on a game that shouldnt be available yet.
that call they got from Activision was probably along the lines of them never being able to sell their products again
Did not wonder about it. Just was stating that it was weird. Like I would think that there would be the same or similar amounts of people online playing.

I am currently working, won't be home until tonight late. The least of my worries is taking a picture of a box and uploading it here. If you really don't like that answer you can gfy.

If you really want to complete your detective work, I will pm you my gamertag so you can see that I have completed 10 of the 50 achievements in the game.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Did not wonder about it. Just was stating that it was weird. Like I would think that there would be the same or similar amounts of people online playing.

I am currently working, won't be home until tonight late. The least of my worries is taking a picture of a box and uploading it here. If you really don't like that answer you can gfy.

If you really want to complete your detective work, I will pm you my gamertag so you can see that I have completed 10 of the 50 achievements in the game.
sounds like someone's getting butthurt :rolleyes:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
is the storyline for uncharted 2 complete enough that it can stand alone, or would I benefit from getting the backstory in drake's fortune?

I still kinda wanna play the first one. Fps's ain't quite my forte, so it wouldn't hurt to brush up. Besides, isn't it like $20 new now?
yeah its a completely separate story from the first one, but they have a flash back or two in the second one.
once you play the second one after playing the first, youll wonder why you even bothered....the game is night and day from the first one.

i dont know how much its going for. i havent bought a game in a real long time because of gamefly.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Dude I cant even find the time to play all the games I like...

Assasins Creed
Metal Gear Solid 4
Little Big Planet
Call Of Duty 4
Killzone 2
UFC 2009 Undisputed
Guitar Hero Rock Legends
Tom Clancy Rainbow 6 Vegas
Tom Clancy H.A.W.X.
I.L. 2 Sturmovik
Uncharted 1 & 2
Batman Arkhum Asylum
Star Wars the Force Unleashed
Fallout 3
Oblivion
Wipeout
GTA 4
Bioshock
Skate 1 & 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Borderlands
Grid
Ninja Gaiden
Dirt 2
Bad Company
BurnOut Paradise
Buzz
Dead space
Fear 2
Fight Night 4
FarCry 2
G.R.A.W.
Infamous
Need For Speed
Motorstorm
Ratchet and Clank
Street Fighter 4
Soul Calibur
Etc etc etc

And thats not even counting the PSN games...

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Console game put on a PC without proper porting = teh suck.

Assassins Creed 2 will be released 3 months after the console. Why? Because they will do a proper port and support all the beauty that the PC offers.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Right now I'm still working on Arkham Asylum. Once I finish that, I need to finish Twilight Princess for Wii.
Twilight Princess was really, really cool. We got a Wii but very rarely use it. That may have been the only video game I ever finished.

Turns out she's pretty hot, too.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Ive been debiting between this and BF bad company II. I suck at MP online but i enjoy FPS. Which would you guys get?
both. bad company 1 was great, but the MW series are a lot more realistic and has better action sequences...two different types of games really. ill be playing both.
you also have 4 months before bad company 2 comes out

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
might want to call them. my buddy in NJ just got his too. i called to make sure they were open at midnight and the cat told me to come on down

iandude94

Monkey
May 30, 2008
OC, NY
might want to call them. my buddy in NJ just got his too. i called to make sure they were open at midnight and the cat told me to come on down
Just called the one by me, told me to come at 10 cause that's when the line starts. F*ck that, I'll go tommorow.

iandude94

Monkey
May 30, 2008
OC, NY
call another it seems everyone i know who went to look for one, found one
I already pre-orderd it at a certain one. There's probably a way to cancel it but I am to lazy. Tomorrow I will game hard and make up for lost time. Plus I have an english paper due tomorrow and that is more important.....kinda.