Quantcast

So I have a dilemma.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I have been presented with a pretty lucrative job offer, but as a contractor. They call it "1 to 3 years"....which is pretty decent in job-shopper terms. It's even local. I could go back to making fat cash like I was making in Seattle.

However... it would seem that I am the new "chosen one" here. I'm supposed to be promoted to management in Aug. (I've been told this). And all the upper management guys say "hi" to me in the hallways. For some reason, they like me. But management is always less money and way more stress than contracting. The benefits are good here....and it is "theoretcially" more secure. If I didn't have two kids, this would be a no-brainer. I really like the idea of more money instantaneously, but to be honest, I'd rather do the project/people management stuff over detail design.

What to do......

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MMike said:
<snip>The benefits are good here....and it is "theoretcially" more secure. [...] I [...] have two kids. [...] I'd rather do the project/people management stuff over detail design.
Sounds like a no-brainer to me. Benefits which you need for your kids, and you'd rather do this in the long term.

Unless your wife has a secure job with good benefits, in which case the decision becomes harder :)

J

JRB

MMike said:
My wife wants us to move back. I'll see to it that we move in next door to you.....
Don't be a sally. Stand up to her and stay in Canada.

J

JRB

MMike said:
No you don't. You want me to be your boyfriend. But you couldn't afford me.
WTF??? Stop hitting on my you wolverine humpin' freak. :mumble:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Reduced commuting time would be a bonus...

But the management stuff would be good for the ol CV...

Besides, being a born leader makes you a shoe in. That or the fact that all the people saying 'hi' to you are hitting on you.

And, you might get to boss around that hot chick you're always letching..

J

JRB

Is the garbage man hot, or does she like the wolverine watching???