Quantcast

so i have developed insomnia

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I'd just say fuhk it, watch some late night TV, go to work good and early and tell the boss that I had to get some blood work done or something at 3:00. That way you'd get your full day in and still get out of work before your brain started to malfunction :)

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
unusualpunk said:
its now 1:40 am, and I am wide awake, and i have to be at work in 4 hours. this is no good. :nope:

That sucks...I've been having trouble sleeping for a couple of months now. Before that it was occasionally. It sucks. Is it just one night or often? I found this stuff at the drugstore that is a 100% natural, non-habit forming sleep aid that doesn't leave you groggy in the morning...put me out and I slept all night feeling good in the am...it's called Calms Forte.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Whenever I get stressed out I can't sleep. Between work family issues I have problems falling asleep. Even last night after an 8 hour ride!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Westy said:
Whenever I get stressed out I can't sleep. Between work family issues I have problems falling asleep. Even last night after an 8 hour ride!
I hate it...I will either not fall asleep or wake up at like 3:30 and lay awake till about 10 minutes before the alarm goes off...sucks so bad...I slept like crap last night so now I need to sleep at lunch...I feel like a zombie.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
golgiaparatus said:
I'd just say fuhk it, watch some late night TV, go to work good and early and tell the boss that I had to get some blood work done or something at 3:00. That way you'd get your full day in and still get out of work before your brain started to malfunction :)
I agree. Just go into work. The couple times I've been absolutely unable to sleep the whole night, I just go in when I'm at the point where going to sleep won't provide me with enough "recharge" time. I work 8 hours or until my brain starts crying (whichever comes second), and then tell my boss I've put in a full day and go home.

Last week I cleaned my apartment top to bottom at about 12:30 in the morning. Moved some furnature. Stopped around 2:00 or so and passed out immediately.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
I feeln your pain bro. I have bouts of episodic insomnia myself. No ryhme or reason to it at all. Stressed out or not and regardless of how physicaly exhausted I may be, once in a while I cannot sleep. Usually it lasts 3-5 days.

I have an exercise that works sometimes that I can share with you if you wish. PM me if you'd like to hear it.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Yeah, whenenver I have trouble sleeping, at first I am like "damnit, why can't I get to sleep?!" but then I realize that its already late, and I will be tired in the morning anyway, so I go pop in a bike vid or something and lay on the couch with a blanket, I often end up sleeping anyway. If you are awake anyway, might as well enjoy being awake. Granted I am a highschool student, so if I stay up too late, I make it up by sleeping in class. I am sure its a little bit different at your work though.

i find most nights i only get 2 - 3 hours sleep, im still at highschool. and i find myself never tired at school. i just go through about 10-15 coffees a day, i think its getting to my nerves, my hands twitch im volatile around people. but when i do try to sleep earlier i just have a coffee n ill be asleep in 10mins weird!

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
I used to have insomnia and could only sleep at most 4 hours per night. Now, I just go out every night, or stay up writing music. This way, I still only get 3-4 hours of sleep per night, but I'm no longer frustrated about it because I'm doing something with my time. Actually, come to think of it, I hate sleep. I wish I didn't need any at all. Of course, I have ADHD, which may have something to do with it.

Anyway, I'd say a quick cure for a little acute insomnia would be, well, umm, tug root?

May 4, 2004
a computer near you!
normally im like that friday through sunday..i stay up untill three, and have to get up for work/school at 5:45am, ive gotten used to it though....i sleep alot during the day when i get home, so i guess that counts...