Quantcast

So, I Have Very Little Opinion On The Foo Fighters...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't dislike the Foo Fighters but always thought their stuff was pretty generic. Was actually a bit surprised to find a few of my friends were super into them.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I don't dislike the Foo Fighters but always thought their stuff was pretty generic. Was actually a bit surprised to find a few of my friends were super into them.
Yeah, he can write poppy stuff, but most of the time I'm not in the mood for it.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Why are famous “good guys” (including women) so exceedingly rare?
the human condition?
I guess the Rush song Limelight touches on it. It would be difficult to have every single person you meet wanting a piece of you in some way.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
you can like the man and not the music. I like Keanu, but not his acting.
I think me liking the FF music is a direct result of who Dave is as a person (or at least seems to be, having not met him). By itself I'd say I'm pretty indifferent to their music; don't love it, don't hate it. I don't own any of their records but know a lot of lyrics from sheer radio play. But the fact he seems down to earth, very likable, extremely funny and entertaining to watch pushes me to the side of a fan.

On the other hand, I'm indifferent towards Billy Joel's music, but he comes across as an arrogant cunt, so I hate it.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I think me liking the FF music is a direct result of who Dave is as a person (or at least seems to be, having not met him). By itself I'd say I'm pretty indifferent to their music; don't love it, don't hate it. I don't own any of their records but know a lot of lyrics from sheer radio play. But the fact he seems down to earth, very likable, extremely funny and entertaining to watch pushes me to the side of a fan.

On the other hand, I'm indifferent towards Billy Joel's music, but he comes across as an arrogant cunt, so I hate it.
you sayin' Billy J still alive? who knew.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Why are famous “good guys” (including women) so exceedingly rare?
the human condition?
I guess the Rush song Limelight touches on it. It would be difficult to have every single person you meet wanting a piece of you in some way.
We all do dumb shit at some point, but the majority of us aren't under a magnifying glass like any famous or noteworthy person. I'm guessing that is why there seems to be less "good" famous people. If they fumble at all, everyone will know all the details.