stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
2011 Felt Z5 - $1007.08 Shipped
Full 105 build
10-speed

Ebay Listing

I'll probably swap out my current wheels and put these onto the Look when I sell that. I should be able to get around the same price if not slightly more for the Look.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
61cm? :hmm:
I thought you were like a 64cm or something equally crazy.
Felt and Cannondale 61s are GIGANTIC. I rode both and actually wanted to bring the stem back a bit on both. The Specialized Roubaix 64 is what fits there, bit it is similar measurements. Not quite the wookie bike, but they are still f*ing huge.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My LBS started branching into roadies with Felt and I was impressed (2000ish?). That seems like a score, I approve.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
shorter spokes = lighter weight (at the expense of being more 'weaker' under brake torque)
I thought it might be a weight weenie thing, just think it would make for a harsh ride. But carbon fork makes up for some of that. It looks cool, I just recall that making for a harsh ride vs a cross laced wheel.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
shorter spokes = lighter weight (at the expense of being more 'weaker' under brake torque)

edit: note to @stoney : don't nose-case any landings on that thing.
I'm probably going to swap my Fulcrum's over then sell the Look with the Felt wheels. Most likely, I will end up getting an 80mm/60mm pair of China carbon rims for you to lace up, which will be hopefully a bit better, as much shorter spokes.