sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
snowballs.jpg

Seriously...?

I finally found it in the handbook after 20 mins of searching

2.2.22 WEAPONS on educational property

Throwing snowballs, ice balls, or other missiles at pedestrians, cars, security officers, buildings, etc., is prohibited. This behavior may lead to disciplinary action.
I also found this while I was looking:

2.2.15 Skateboards, Roller Blades, Bicycles, and Snowboards

Skateboarding, bicycling, roller blading, and snowboarding are not permitted on sidewalks, inside any campus building (except when equipment is being walked to a residence hall room) or in the vicinity of any academic/ administrative building, the Dining Hall, residence halls, tennis courts or parking areas which are currently in use, hilly areas, or other pedestrian areas except when the user is in transit to a specific destination off the campus grounds. If a student is found in violation of this policy – the skateboard, roller blades, or bicycle will be turned over to campus security.
Here is the link to the handbook:http://www.lmc.edu/student_life/security/files/Student-Handbook-2011-12.pdf

I'm sure there are plenty more lols in there waiting to be found..

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
You're in college and you're worried about getting caught throwing snowballs ? When I was in school I was worried about getting caught banging the Chancellors daughter.

What the hell is wrong with these kids.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
things I did in college that I got away with

stole a campus bronze statue and placed it in the taco bell drive through wearing a bra

fell a huge oak tree outside the sorority house to improve the view

putting campus security cars on blocks

creating a ice skating rink in the parking lot with the use of a fire hydrant

getting my truck stuck on the 50 yard line the night of graduation

those are few I can remember

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
things I did in college that I got away with

stole a campus bronze statue and placed it in the taco bell drive through wearing a bra

fell a huge oak tree outside the sorority house to improve the view

putting campus security cars on blocks

creating a ice skating rink in the parking lot with the use of a fire hydrant

getting my truck stuck on the 50 yard line the night of graduation

those are few I can remember
I once pissed in the big coffee container in the University Presidents office that was set up for a board of trustees meeting. Well I didn't piss directly in it, bladder->cup->cofee decanter->rich white dudes.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
WTF, do you go to neo-fascist U?

**** that **** right in its **** hole.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
A few of my favorites in there:

"A person commits a Class I felony if the person
possesses on educational property a gun, rifle, pistol, or other firearm, dynamite
cartridge, bomb, grenade, mine or powerful explosive as defined in G.S. 14-
A person commits a misdemeanor, punishable by a maximum of two years
imprisonment and a fine, if the person possesses on public or private educational
property a BB gun, paint guns, air rifle, air pistol, bowie knife, dirk, dagger,
slingshot, leaded cane, switchblade knife, blackjack, metallic knuckles, razor and
razor blades (except solely for personal shaving), and any sharp-pointed or edge
instrument except for instructional supplies, unaltered nail files and clips and
tools used solely for preparing food, instruction, and maintenance"

Grenades, mines, altered nail files? Tough campus.

"Drunkenness as a result of the use of alcohol is a violation of the
alcohol policy and is punishable through the judicial process."

Drunkenness not resulting from the use of alcohol perfectly ok?

"An Alcoholic Beverage means any spirituous malt, vinous, fermented,
brewed (whether lager or rice beer) or other liquors or any compound or
mixture thereof by whatever name called or known that contains alcohol
and is used as a beverage."

Thanks for making that clear.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Don't know about my college but I know that my high school coordinator (or whatever her official title was) talks behind my back 6 years after I left it and never went back. I probably didn't break many rules during uni because I wasn't very present on schoolgrounds ;) It's not a job you don't need a referance from your principle for your cv. At best from select teachers. Worst case scenario you force them to give you one threating them with a snowball.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We occasionally have a department happy hour, in the department building, on campus. Approved and funded by the university.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
At Tulane they'd routinely throw parties at the end of each major testing block for the law and medical school. One of our friends there was "in with the school" and they'd normally give her 2 cases of wine before these parties so we could pre-funk. Made grad school way more tolerable, and I suspect is why I graduated with honors from law school.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
On the note of the "missles"...... that may be partly my fault that schools have to write it in that mannor........ We had alot of fun with bottle rockets and roman candles with unsuspecting pedestrians.