Quantcast

So I left the Black Market and came home with an STD...

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Er...STP that is...and I like it!

Separated my shoulder like 3 months ago and sold my Black Market Riot to A: Pay the bill, and B: I knew I wouldn't be riding a ht again anytime soon.
Well I'm back riding despite the respectable amount of pain and ugliness(I look like Quasi Moto from hunchback of Notre Dame now) and stumbled across a SHORT STP frame(which I've never seen many of, but could just be me) brand new in the box with a headset and a few other yummies for a 100 bones! I've never liked STPs and hated that damn poopy-green/gray color even more so I stripped it. Hit er with some fine SOS pads and it shines! Most of the parts were all leftovers from the Riot, and the Hadley/MTX wheelset came off my Enduro SX. Only things I had to buy were the 25t sprocket and some new pedals.
It's a little harder to spin than my Riot was. The CSs are .50" longer at 16" and the TT is .50" longer as well at 22". However...I swear the thing just wants to fly. It pops soooo easy! BB height is even a little higher, I'm sure. And it IS about 7 pounds lighter than my Riot at 28 pounds, and most of it is still those damn Specialized Compound tires I love so much. Basically 2 plys...
I want to get this thing in the dirt, but I CANNOT afford to go down right now. I can't even imagine how much it would hurt to land on this shoulder!