Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
wtf is poopsex?
sex where the poop happens.

Making deliveries to the back door.

Spear fishing for doo doo sharks.

Ignoring the pink and going for the stink.

Storming the trenches.

Browning the kielbasa.

Renting the downstairs.

Putting from the rough.

Playing through the back nine.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
sex where the poop happens.

Making deliveries to the back door.

Spear fishing for doo doo sharks.

Ignoring the pink and going for the stink.

Storming the trenches.

Browning the kielbasa.

Renting the downstairs.

Putting from the rough.

Playing through the back nine.
you forgot shit dick.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had to look that up. Wouldn't a brass prosthetic cause an infection ?
Not sure. Since Brass is mostly copper I would expect it to be antimicrobial. Probably wouldn't cause an infection directly but toxicity could prevent an open wound from ever healing and possibly create lesions. Probably no worse than those dumb-ass golfers who think a copper bracelet will improve their games, because magnets.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Not sure. Since Brass is mostly copper I would expect it to be antimicrobial. Probably wouldn't cause an infection directly but toxicity could prevent an open wound from ever healing and possibly create lesions. Probably no worse than those dumb-ass golfers who think a copper bracelet will improve their games, because magnets.
Brass contains zinc which many people are allergic to. Copper can make your skin turn green, and in a piercing looks oh so attractive. And people that think they are getting some sort of therapeutic benefit from wearing copper are probably wearing pieces that are sealed with a lacquer to prevent tarnish. Which would also prevent any contact with skin and negate the entire point of buying it in the first place. Gotta love marketing...

Last edited:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Brass contains zinc which many people are allergic to. Copper can make your skin turn green, and in a piercing looks oh so attractive. And people that think they are getting some sort of therapeutic benefit from wearing copper are probably wearing pieces that are sealed with a lacquer to prevent tarnish. Which would also prevent any contact with skin and negate the entire point of buying it in the first placed. Gotta love marketing...

What are some kind of expert on how metals react with human skin or something? Take it outside Poindexter.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Brass contains zinc which many people are allergic to. Copper can make your skin turn green, and in a piercing looks oh so attractive. And people that think they are getting some sort of therapeutic benefit from wearing copper are probably wearing pieces that are sealed with a lacquer to prevent tarnish. Which would also prevent any contact with skin and negate the entire point of buying it in the first placed. Gotta love marketing...

Not to mention it all based on pseudoscience.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
What are some kind of expert on how metals react with human skin or something? Take it outside Poindexter.
Would you like to visit the studio for a free demonstration of the reaction between steel and skull ?

And if ya don't, then I understand. My free full cranial piercing with purchase of stud campaign didn't pan out too well. Now what to do with all these railroad spikes...