Quantcast

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
He get's fresh from the pacage needles, he has the same set up any tattoo artist would have when traveling. He sanitized the area and wrapped everything up like he needed to
You dont think those were new needles do you? Not that there is anything wrong with an autoclave when used properly, just understand they swap out needles with a company.

My statement was just a broad statement that your room would probably be last choice for a sanitary environment. Not sure there would be enough ways to sanitize it up for a situation like this.

Guess thats why I go somewhere that is purposely setup to stay clean, is kept clean, and sanitized multiple times daily.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
He get's fresh from the pacage needles, he has the same set up any tattoo artist would have when traveling. He sanitized the area and wrapped everything up like he needed to
I think he left his talent at home. You might want to make sure he brings that with him next time.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Thats the thing though, you guys are griping on the outline, except for super douche, the shading is better than the outline, and the outline got done in a shop
I think you actually missed a big point....... Talented tatoo artists would have made everything look like one peice, instead of multiple works and sittings piled on top of each other.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Thats the thing though, you guys are griping on the outline, except for super douche, the shading is better than the outline, and the outline got done in a shop
I'm ripping on the fact her kankle is bigger than her thigh. Don't even get me started on the gun she is using to hold your nipple hostage.

<edit> Go see my brother and have him evaluate your "classic pinup". I'm sure for the right price, my niece could hook you up with something nice to cover it. I doubt he would do anything but point and laugh.

Last edited:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I'm ripping on the fact her kankle is bigger than her thigh. Don't even get me started on the gun she is using to hold your nipple hostage.

Go see my brother and have him evaluate your "classic pinup". I'm sure for the right price, my niece could hook you up with something nice to cover it.
The gun actually looks right, the stock I have has a green stain on the stock, that looks allot like that ink (it's not supposed to be cammo) it's a target rifle, it looks right

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi

<edit> Go see my brother and have him evaluate your "classic pinup". I'm sure for the right price, my niece could hook you up with something nice to cover it. I doubt he would do anything but point and laugh.
Maybe your brother could do a quality tat of a pinup girl pointing at this abomination and laughing her head off.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am writing all this good stuff down in a notepad for when I get my tats. I think it is important to not let your friends give you ink when your Mom is home and they have to hurry in case she barges in and catches you. Did you atleast take off your pants so if you got busted it might seem like something else was happening? Oh yeah #12.) Make sure you see samples of my friends work before getting started with session... #13.) Plan ahead! #14.) Save $$ for a proffesional.....

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
In related news, my 17 year old told me and his aunt today he wants to be a tattoo artist. My sister, who is in the art business, had a fit, along the lines of "He can do so much better yadayadayada..." I said-
1. He is 17, he changes his mind every 30 minutes about what he wants to do when he is older.
2. If that is what he wants to do, so be it. Be all that you can be etc...
3. IF he ends up doing it, he will probably last a year or 3 before he realizes it is a dead end job and the only long term future is if you become famous and end up on the idiot box.
4. Only he can live his life...it is his to do with as he wants.

What is interesting is that my sister is about as liberal as they come, and works in the art biz. I would think she would support him doing something creative...but she is also as stubborn as they come, and thinks she knows all. Go figure...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
3. IF he ends up doing it, he will probably last a year or 3 before he realizes it is a dead end job and the only long term future is if you become famous and end up on the idiot box.
Keep an open mind here and support him in his decisions and aspirations.

Some of the most successful people I know are tattoo artists. If you are talented and dedicated it can be far from a dead-end job.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Wait....doesn't Montashu live in the bay area? Where there are like...HUNDREDS of amazing tattoo artists? How the fvck does one end up with a train wreck prison-bitch tattoo like that in what is considered to be one of the better tattoo meccas in the US?

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
There are a few of the local tattoo artists around here that are doing pretty well. I guess it's all relative. I know they live in a really nice area and she drives a silver 2008 vette. Trippy seeing a goth chick with purple hair driving a silver vette.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Keep an open mind here and support him in his decisions and aspirations.

Some of the most successful people I know are tattoo artists. If you are talented and dedicated it can be far from a dead-end job.
Oh, dont get me wrong, I do support him. If that is what he wants, then so be it. My simple point is that he changes his mind as to his career aspirations on a regular basis. In the past few years, he has wanted to be a rock star, EMT, and a veterinarian. My other push is that not many tatt parlors offer medical or retirement...

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Oh, dont get me wrong, I do support him. If that is what he wants, then so be it. My simple point is that he changes his mind as to his career aspirations on a regular basis. In the past few years, he has wanted to be a rock star, EMT, and a veterinarian. My other push is that not many tatt parlors offer medical or retirement...
isnt he in school to be a lawyer?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I guess you really dont hunderstand how tats heal that take multiple sittings....
No, I understand exactly the stages of how tatoo's heal. I have a couple that were multiple sitting peices, and a couple still in the works.

If the guy doing the work understood tatoo healing, when he was done, there would ALWAYS be touch up work done to the existing work to blend it together, even if its done with a dry needle. My right calf was three sittings, about a year apart for each, you cannot tell one bit it is actually three peices. Didnt take years to get that way either, thats part of a tatoo artists job.... blend the surrounding peices so it doesnt look...... Well.... like yours

Oh, it generally helps if they can draw in the first place.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
No, I understand exactly the stages of how tatoo's heal. I have a couple that were multiple sitting peices, and a couple still in the works.

If the guy doing the work understood tatoo healing, when he was done, there would ALWAYS be touch up work done to the existing work to blend it together, even if its done with a dry needle. My right calf was three sittings, about a year apart for each, you cannot tell one bit it is actually three peices. Didnt take years to get that way either, thats part of a tatoo artists job.... blend the surrounding peices so it doesnt look...... Well.... like yours

He did the blue and the red in different sittings, they weren't even touching, i don't see how there's any blending to do. There's one section that's entirely fresh and 1 section that's entirely healed. I don't understand where blending can be done.....

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004

why do you need to be such a douche?

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
1. Your $, your body, your friend, your tat. You like it? Good for you.

2. Don't like the critiques here? Don't post pictures of it, unless this is an attention whore plot.

3. Think a couple of these guys here are being douches? Remember, it take a couple of douches to make the rest of the pussies here smell good.