Quantcast

So I live at Beacon now...

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
Just moved over here, didn't realize it but my apartment is like 10 minutes away from Beacon, anybody want to ride with me? I don't have the internet yet but i've been using the one at SCC, I ride a red Banshee with avalanche and gold shivers... so far just have been lone gunning it, i'll be up there this weekend!

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
Sweet, I'm going to be up there on Saturday kind of early (6:30AM). I might be up there for several hours. I ride a hardtail with a Fox fork. I'm riding a hardtail cuz I can't afford full-suspension just yet.

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
cool dude, i'll be up there on saturday for sure... i usually ride every morning because that's the best time of day, night has been hot and gets dark fast too. Look for me on that lower big jump.

if it's cool anyone else PM me your phone number, we'll set it off freeride style.

we need to set up a car pool for hitting Schweitzer and Silver Mtn. too, i'm down.

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
dirtjumpP.1 said:
ah lower road gap... that jump has left its mark on me (literally)
Didn't one of the roadgap jumps get destroyed?

It'll be great if we can build some North-Shore style stunts at Beacon without them getting destroyed.

How said:
we need to set up a car pool for hitting Schweitzer and Silver Mtn. too, i'm down.
How about Mt. Spokane or Canfield? We could even shuttle Riverside St. Park (the Deep Creek area).

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
ftlrider said:

It'll be great if we can build some North-Shore style stunts at Beacon without them getting destroyed.
the 40'er got completely torn down and the kicker for the upper road gap got trashed too

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
ftlrider said:

that's the plan... I saw you are willing to put in some sweat equity once we ( the club, working with the city) get to the building stage, hopefully we'll be doing some of that stuff this fall!) I will post any work party related info as the plans get made.

<gets out soapbox>
the short version to not having stuff torn down is to work through the channels that are being created to support this kind of thing, and not doing it on your own.

also, right now our group is heavy on the XC side of things..if we can have some involvement from the DH/FR folks too you'll get more of what you want, sooner.

<puts away soapbox now>

geargrrl