Quantcast

So I made this for Thanksgiving (bacon content)

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Bacon-apple pie.

Before:

After:

More or less a traditional apple pie with a bacon crust. Pretty good, actually, even if it wasn't a traditional dessert pie. More of a breakfast pie if you ask me.

Not as popular as my pumpkin, pecan and cherry pies, but I think I can work with it and do better next year. Something tells me a little cheddar will make it better.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
My taste buds say Fck! YAH! My arteries say Fck! No! Either way I want a piece. I think adding cheddar would just be money in the bank.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I made love.

But besides that, made an amazing corn pudding sprinkled with bacon.
AND right now I'm firing up the smoker to make some smoked baked beans with LOTS of bacon.

Oh...along with a smoked pork loin with my own brine recipe and rubs :D A little strange but my rub also incorporates what I call "bacon dust" (cooked bacon crushed to a powder) as well as ground habanero peppers. AMAZING!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I wrapped the turkey, but that looks better.

Mad Dog wanted ham, but the store had a deal for $.22 a pound with $50 purchase, so I got a 10lb bird and it fit in the oven with the ham.

Jimmysal

Monkey
Mar 26, 2010
Vermont
My girl made truffles with 4 different fillings! Peanut butter, Hazlenut, espresso, and cherry/habanero. About 100 total.