Quantcast

So I may have found a Central Calif place for riding drinking and fishing

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Lake Lopez, in San Luis Obispo County. They pretty much allow you to do anything. All the trails are open to Mt Bikes and dogs, even at night. They allow power boats, sail boats, kayaks, swimming, fishing, open pit fires. camping ranging from tents to RVs and alcohol is permitted.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Best part of that lake is the shape of it, the power boaters stay on one side of the mountain, and the fishers stay on the other... never see each other.

I have spent many a day there fishing and mountain biking. Amazing place to camp

And there is no maybe about it, Lopez is the place to get away.....

Oh and that second shot is one of my favorite late season crappie locations........ Lake looks low in these shots

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Best part of that lake is the shape of it, the power boaters stay on one side of the mountain, and the fishers stay on the other... never see each other.

I have spent many a day there fishing and mountain biking. Amazing place to camp

And there is no maybe about it, Lopez is the place to get away.....

Oh and that second shot is one of my favorite late season crappie locations........ Lake looks low in these shots
it is, the hand launch was at least 200' out on the beach from the end of the concrete