Quantcast

So I rode down Badger Mountain today....(Tri-Cities)

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
My friend and I drove to the base of the "mountain" and pushed to the top. at first it was tough goin up this really steep, sandy road, but then we came to a less steep and more compact road that would probably be shuttleable. it actually didn't take too long to get to the top, maybe 20 minutes to a half hour.
We found a singletrack trail heading down that started off easy, then all of a sudden headed straight down the face of the hill for a long ways--it was an awesome rush, but my friend's chain came off midway and his foot slipped off so that was scary for him. then we came to this mount everest style grave thing (u know, big pile of rocks). we turned right from there down this rocky single track that was good for a little while, then got less rocky but wicked steep. it eventually got to the point where my friend had to walk his bike down, but i rode down all of it besides this one ridiculous exposed hairpin turn. this was definitely a mountain goat style footpath, but it was barely rideable down (no way u could ride up). after the steepest, most tech part, the run just ends abruptly at a dirt road that runs along the base of the mountain.
I don't know if anybody cares about bikers building there, but there was a ravine that looked like it'd be good to put a trail in and its so open and treeless all over the mountain that building would be really easy. . .

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Kevin (trailhacker) and I will be over there the weekend of 4th of July we are down for some shuttling and trail cuttin' :D

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Snacks said:
Kevin (trailhacker) and I will be over there the weekend of 4th of July we are down for some shuttling and trail cuttin' :D
well go for it but i have a family reunion in new jersey then :(
fortunately (or unfortunately?) I don't have a steady job yet so i have lots of spare time to build