Quantcast

So, I screwed up, I'm human, I'm allowed

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So I told my boss at my new job i've been at for 2 weeks I could work this Tues, Wed, Thurs.

I got a call last night that said "hey Mike, don't forget we'll see you tomorrow at 4:30" from ANOTHER job that I got through school as outside work and signed the contract for like........ 2 mos ago. I TOTALLY forgot about it. Its this week, M-F

I called my new boss, whom I have been getting along with very well, and told her as soon as I found out. She was a bit angry :( I told her I felt bad, I was sorry, and blah blah, and then she told me I was in charge of a crew this week for two days, and now that stuff can't get done, and they have to tell those people not to come in. I feel REALLY bad, but there is nothing I can do about it now. I got a "verbal" warning from work that goes in my record, and that sucks.

Oops

[/rant]

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
konabumm said:
No worries, It happens to all of us. Sounds like you did the right thing!

I hope so.

I called her as soon as I remembered, I just hope it doesnt make her see me as irresponible for the rest of the summer :(

And oh yeah, I neglected to tell her that this job is paying me $26.50/hr PLUS making me look good at school :thumb:

J

JRB

That a boy. Rub it in her face. That will help.

*I guess you did what you could, but I think I would have blown off the other job. HTF do you sign a contract and not remeber it? It doesn't sound important, if you forgot...

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
loco said:
*I guess you did what you could, but I think I would have blown off the other job. HTF do you sign a contract and not remeber it? It doesn't sound important, if you forgot...
It was a contract to design lighting for a bunch of shows at a high school. I did three of them already, I forgot there was this fourth a few months after the other ones. It pays WAAY better than my Full time job, so why would you blow it off?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
at least you were honest about the whole thing, people might get mad, but hey mistakes happen. Hopefully it wont hurt you in the future

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i don't know...signed the contract 2 months ago, and the only notification was 24hrs in advance? seems there could've been at least 1 form of contact made, by either party, within that time.

J

JRB

BigMike said:
It pays WAAY better than my Full time job, so why would you blow it off?
I guess that depends on how you feel about the full time job. :think: I blew off some horseshoeing gigs to do some day work cowboying. Day working paid $100 - $150, where shoeing paid about the same for a lot more work. I lost clients several times, so now that I am grown up and think back, it was the wrong thing to do. I understand your point, but am just making sure you know about the ramifications.

*I don't want to have to chastize you in the "I need a new job" thread. :eek:

J

JRB

hooples3 said:
at least you were honest about the whole thing, people might get mad, but hey mistakes happen. Hopefully it wont hurt you in the future
:stupid: this is the real key. I hope it works out.