Quantcast

So I seperated my shoulder...

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
So I seperated my shoulder during practice at the Wisp Dual.
I'm not in much pain but my doc says that I need to take it easy for 6weeks(as in not use my shoulder):redhot:

rm1

Chimp
Jun 22, 2006
Yea good call, suck it up and keep riding because everyone knows that your shoulder is at its strongest right after a seperation. Hey if your lucky you might even be able to put your self up for surgery in a year.

Take if from someone who has experiance with this. You can either wait 6 weeks now or 4 months recovering from surgery with 3 screws in your shoulder. Make your own decision.

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
I have two months to the next race I can go to so I'll be alright by then.
this is the second time I've seperated it, the last time I didn't rest it and had probs for 3 years after, so I'll be road riding for the next couple of weeks.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Welcome to the collarbone club!

Yeah, give it six weeks for it to scar down. I'll be fine. Mine doesn't bother me at all now. It's a nice handy bump for holding a phone.

Mike

One leads to two and so on... Trust me I've done it 11 times now it sucks; I need surgery. I now wear a brace so i can ride. mine is made by DonJoy and i wear a size arger in armor but 661 makes one to fit under your armor, assuming you don't want to have surgery. Take it easy for a while even if you choose wear the brace.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Damn, that sucks!

Bearmnt May have given the WORST advice ever. DO NOT just suck it up, give it a rest, and do what the doctor says.

Healing vibes to ya :dancing:

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
BigMike said:
Damn, that sucks!

Bearmnt May have given the WORST advice ever. DO NOT just suck it up, give it a rest, and do what the doctor says.

Healing vibes to ya :dancing:
Thanks Mike