Quantcast

So...I signed up for this little get together...(26.2 miles)

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
http://www.shamrockmarathon.com/

excerpt of course description...
This course is guaranteed to be fast and festive. Enjoy the course as you pass by the beautiful resort area of Virginia Beach and continue through Fort Story and pass Cape Henry Lighthouse, the country's oldest lighthouse. You will spot many leprechauns along the way as well as music and great support through water stop competitions. Runners and walkers will start together. All athletes will be lined up based on their estimated finish time. Times will be recorded for seven hours (16:02 min. per mile pace). This is a (2007) Boston qualifier, too. Also, with the Marathon we encourage those runners who want to go the extra mile ( or 4.97 miles to be exact) to take on the Whale Challenge by also running in the 8K on Saturday, March 18 as well. Runners who are interested in this challenge must mail in their registration, as there is no online registration for this event.

any other :monkey:s out there ever run a marathon?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
ridetoofast said:
any other :monkey:s out there ever run a marathon?
It was my goal to attempt the LA marathon in April, but I sprained my left foot a couple months back. So much for that plan. The best of luck, it sounds like a "good" time.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
thanks for the support y'all :thumb:

i've never even run a 5K before, much less this, and i've got 15 weeks and a few days to get ready for it.

i look at it like this...if oprah can do it, damnit i can do it!
that and i figure it will get me in shape for some spring xc/dh action.