Quantcast

So I THINK I bent my bars...

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
But Im not sure. I got 360s dialed today on a legit double and I was trying to get them super dumped. Anyway I ended up getting to eager and somehow just completely bailed from the bike and landed on my back. Anyway I went to get my bike and half the bars were barried in the dirt so I pulled it out and started riding away but It felt super weird.
I thought that I had bent the fork some how, but it a 36 and it looks fine, and then i realized it was most likely the bars, you can't see anything, but one end feels closer and higher then the other. And the bars are perfectly positioned on the stem.
It feels so wierd I had to stop riding, and I've been looking at them but I can't see any noticable bends, it just feels way off.

The bars are some year old 25.4 deity twenty14s. What do you guys thing I should do? try and do the crash replacement warrenty thing deity has where I get 50% off a new bar? I have never really liked them so should I go with somethign else? Could you guys recomend some bars? perferebly less rise and 25.4 would be nice.

Thanks.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Replace them, they might just snap off next time. Bars breaking can be very dangerous, and not worth the risk! I recently took a buddy to the hospital with a HUGE gash in his arm from his bars snapping off and cutting him badly.

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
they might just snap off next time.
heavily depends on the material I'd say: cromo hardly ever just 'snaps', before it does that there will be a huge crack which you can hardly look around; alu on the other hand :mad: I've had too much bad experiences with it to ever using it again, unless it comes in in big burly blocks like stems. But tubing? no thanks.

Bars breaking can be very dangerous, and not worth the risk!
so true. way worse than eg suddenly snapping a chain or something that you cannot see coming in time.