Quantcast

So, I Think I can Claim the first Broken Bone on 'E

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
After 6 hours at the hopistal, We still dont know if its broken or not. The Doctor Swears it is, but could not see it on the X-Rays. She said that it may show up in a few days, but she is almost positive I broke my wrist.

Right now i'm in a splint, and I have to make an Orthopedics appointment ASAP.

Looks Like I'm out for Snowshoe :(

But I might still come and hang out....

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
OK, here is what happened:

For those of you who have ridden E, you will know where I am talking about. My one goal of the weekend was met, and that was to hit the double cleanly. Well, the first time I hit it, I had waaay too much speed. I launched it, overshot the lander, and launched the berm into the woods. I was fine, and decided to not hit it so fast the next run. On my next run, I frikken NAILED the 15' gap perfectly. Landed, went into the berm really hot, and at the end of the berm, washed out. I went down, no big deal. There is ONE rock there, about 2" high and a foot long. When I went down, I slid into that rock with my right palm, and my whole body was stopped from ~20MPH to 0 with force on my wrist. I sat there for a little bit, and then realized Kirsten was right behind me. I rolled off the trail, and pulled my bike with me. She came through, stopped and took care of me. What are best friends for life for? :)

I was ok, Kirsten finished her run, and I walked back upto the road.

The most effed up thing is that Ben and Dan had tried to take that rock out the day before, and apparently its HUGE. They left it and figured no one would hit it. I did though :)

Its ok though, because I accomplished my goal, and still had a kick ass weekend!

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
BigMike said:
The most effed up thing is that Ben and Dan had tried to take that rock out the day before, and apparently its HUGE. They left it and figured no one would hit it. I did though :)
oh sh*t. THAT rock! ben tried to pick axe it out and it was HUGE. sorry about your hand... hope it's not too bad!

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
BigMike said:
And if Ben can't pick axe it out, no one can.

He is a scary mofo with an axe! :D
:evil: my weapon... i mean tool of choice ;)

sorry bout the injury Mike. next time i'm at the Shed, i'll make a point
to get that big bitch of a rock out of the berm. i think it's about the size
of a Volkswagon though so we may have a canyon to ride around...

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Animal Mother said:
we all know to stand clear of you :nope: weilding a pick axe

Animal Mother said:
got a jack hammer? i'm thinking it was just the tip of the iceberg...

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
damn sorry to hear, I have a 2 o'clock appt. with a ortho at 2 today.... to see if it's broke or what.....

heal up quick man!!!!!

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
BigMike said:
I sat there for a little bit, and then realized Kirsten was right behind me. I rolled off the trail, and pulled my bike with me. She came through, stopped and took care of me. What are best friends for life for? :)

I was ok, Kirsten finished her run, and I walked back upto the road.
heh, just call me florence nightingale ;)

sucks that you might have broken your wrist, hopefully you didn't, but best wishes for a speedy recovery regardless!

(and, while i still deny responsibility, i do apologize for any beer that may have ended up spraying all over your trunk :D)

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Animal Mother said:
ahh haaaaaa! ADDMISION OF GUILT!!! :eek:
note the part where i said i still deny any responsibility. i admit NOTHING! NOTHING, i tell you!

(but if, hypothetically, i were to have been the inadvertent cause for the spilling of a few minute drops of beer into bigmike's exceedingly pristine and most perfectly clean and new trunk, i would, in theory, apologize :P)

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
kirstin said:
note the part where i said i still deny any responsibility. i admit NOTHING! NOTHING, i tell you!

(but if, hypothetically, i were to have been the inadvertent cause for the spilling of a few minute drops of beer into bigmike's exceedingly pristine and most perfectly clean and new trunk, i would, in theory, apologize :P)
well your lucky it wasn't you cause heaven forbid anything be spilled in that gorgeous new mint condition automobile of his ;)

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Heal up quick, BigMike.

And I didn't see anything having to do with spilled beer,... no soggy yeungling holder being carried away from a vehicle, no bottles spraying when they ripped through the bottom of it and hit the ground, nothing.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
peter6061 said:
Heal up quick, BigMike.

And I didn't see anything having to do with spilled beer,... no soggy yeungling holder being carried away from a vehicle, no bottles spraying when they ripped through the bottom of it and hit the ground, nothing.
see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil :D

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Animal Mother said:

Dont worry about it man, I'm the only person that found it a problem. If you are rubber side down, you can roll over it no problem

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
mobius said:
kirstin wtf. don't stop in a race run, use his ass laying on the ground to boost over a rockgarden.

:p
oh sorry, i apologize. i'll certainly not forget that next time i see your ass on the ground in front of me, and turn you into the perfect human speedbump :D