Quantcast

So, I think I have made my mind up....

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I am thinking about one of theese.....

I know it is made in Taiwan (or so I have heard) & has Rick Thorne's annoying ass endorsement but it seems to be what I am looking for....
-it is affordable
-full cromo frame & fork
-complete with 3 pc. cranks
-geometry that suits me (or so I believe....shorter TT & lower stand over clearance.)

Are there any other rides like this that I am overlooking?

Squid

Chimp
Dec 13, 2002
Rochester, NY
Gee Spot and Kettenring both have that bike, and seem to like it a lot! I was actually thinking of getting one too, because it was one of the few bikes in that price that had all those features. I ended up getting the FA Air Raid instead, just to be different :) (I got the matte black one)

Attachments

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Every review I've seen of the bike has been positive, though they say the hubs are "questionable" and that the sprocket can bend somewhat easily. Overall, it's a good choice in my opinion. If I was in the position of needed a complete bike (like, say, mine got stolen), I'd be looking seriously at it myself.

Rick Thorne's not *that* annoying. Okay, maybe he is when he's on TV, but I've met him a few times in person, and he couldn't be more cool. He always takes time for his fans - and not just to sign stuff. He sat and talked with my brother and I for about twenty minutes about the local BMX scene.