Quantcast

So I THOUGHT riding my bike to the bar would be a good idea....

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Apparantly, it wasnt such a good idea.

It was kinda funny though, 4 of us went out tonight to comedy night, and we had $200+ dollars of locks on our bikes, which were right outside the window where we could see them the whole time. There was a Kryptonite Fuggetaboutit chain, a NY 3000, and a few others on our bikes.

Anyway, I had a "few" drinks, celebrating the end of mid-terms (at least that was my excuse) and on the way home, eventhough I knew I shouldnt be riding my Flow, I started screwing around.

How do you explain Pedal bite to a physical therapist who told you to only ride your road bike up and down the street?

It doesnt hurt yet, i'm still kinda drunk

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
wow, after looking at that picture, it doesnt look so bad, but that bottom one is deeep. I just got out of the shower, and can't get it to stop bleeding..... damn alcohol thinning your blood!

yeah when i was in TO this summer, my buddy and I were heading to the subway at 7am after a night of hard drinking. he was rding next to me slowly as i walked. front wheel turned too sharp and he went face first at 2mph into the road. it was awesome, he had a huuuge shiner and scab around his eye for 3 weeks

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Dirt Jumper said:
Get flour and sprinkle it on your cuts. Flour is a coagulator, so it'll get your blood to harden and make a scab ;)
Is this true? Thats a great thing to know for those parking lot quick fixes.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I remember I was about 14 or 15 trying to come home from a party. I was soooooooo frickin' drunk. I tried to bike home, but I couldn't even stand and hold onto my bike and the same time. So I fell over (onto my bike) and slept on the bike path for a while.... I eventually made it home....somehow.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Dirt Jumper said:
Get flour and sprinkle it on your cuts. Flour is a coagulator, so it'll get your blood to harden and make a scab ;)

I think you are fvcking with us, and just wanted to see what would happen if I put flour on my leg!

and there is an easier way to make RM add free...... support the site and give them $20!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
JRogers said:
Drunken cycling is dangerous. I nutted myself hard when I careened into a ditch this summer at about 4 in the morning...

I catapulted myself off my cruiser...I forget the cranks are longer and the pedals are waaaay thicker, made a turn downhill in a field and buried a pedal in the grass. Damn thing catapulted me through the air in comedic drunk fashion. :thumb:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Just tell your therapist that the damn dog jumped on you, slide down, and since you didn’t trim its claws, caused you to have an open gash in your leg. Then follow that lie up with this one: Then you went to the doctor (or patient free), the latter of which is probably better since your doc gave the referral for the PT anyway...an they check your medical records, which you conveniently had a copy of, and notice that the tetanus shots where up to date, so peroxide would keep the wound site from getting infected. Since it is a fresh wound, and since PT hurts like hell in the first place, she (or he) would, in all likelihood, take it easy on you for the next few visits….So you see, riding your bike was a brilliant idea, and in fact, you should have thought of this brilliant scheme earlier……..

It COULD work! :thumb:

Edited for political correctness

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i had my bachelor party cookout @ my best man's place in boston a week before the wedding. at the wedding i see a friend of mine w/ a healing but still large scrape/bruise on his forehead. apparently he was pretty toasted on his bike ride back to somerville and he think's a speed bump took him out.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
It's not riding TO the bar that will get ya, it's riding home.

I'm knocking on wood but have been really lucky so far, I have seen many friends jack themselves but luckily nothing too serious.

But here's a funny story: A friend of mine called the day after a long night out to say his bike got stolen from his house after he got home at 3 in the morning. Some friends dropped him off so we all knew he made it home with his bike, so we consoled him on his loss.

Three days later another of our friends spots the dude's bike locked up outside the 24 hour supermarket a few blocks from his house.

He rode to the store, locked up all proper, then walked home, most likely stuffing his face with cheetos and ring dings...then completely blacked it out, he still does not remember any part of it. :blah:

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
BigMike said:
wow, after looking at that picture, it doesnt look so bad, but that bottom one is deeep. I just got out of the shower, and can't get it to stop bleeding..... damn alcohol thinning your blood!
Maybe you should have went to the hospital.........again. That cut is probably going to keep you from riding another 6 months to a year! :eek:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
jdcamb said:
With practice you can get actually pretty good at it. :thumb:

The summer I spent as a professional drunk I would often need help from people to get me to my bike, I was fine the rest of the way home.