Quantcast

So I Upgraded the Trailbike…

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I had considered consolidating my bikes , but when a friend hooked me up with a near new frame and fork for the trailbike, I decided to upgrade from my hardtail and build up a full sus trailbike and keep the DH bike. The build was finished today! Really stoked to take this out – but it’s pouring rain :rant:

Here are a few pics

Here is the build:

Frame: 2004 Specialized Enduro Pro
Fork: 2005 Marzocchi AM1
Shock: Fox Float RL
Shifters: Shimano XT SL-M751 Rapidfire
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT 31.8mm clamp, bottom pull/swing
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT Long Cage
Brakes: Avid BB-5 Mechanical
Brake Levers: Avid
Cassette: Shimano Deore XT 11-34T, 9-speed
Chain: SRAM PC-971
Cranks: Shimano XT hollowtech II FC-M760 175mm
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT hollowtech II FC-M760
Rims: Sun Ds-2
Front Hub: Shimano LX
Rear Hub: Shimano (M-525) Deore
Tires: IRC Mythos XC
Handlebar: Unknown Brand - Ridemonkey Free Boards
Grips: Ergon GP1-L
Stem: Specialized Aluminum, 4 bolt, 7 degree rise
Headset: Cane Creek S2
Seatpost: Easton
Seatpost Clamp: Specialized Quick Release
Saddle: WTB Lazer V
Pedals: Shimano M545 Clipless

There isn’t much I’d like to change, though I will be getting a new set of bars. The wheelset is pretty “low-end” but to be honest, they are somewhat light, and have proven to be fairly tough, so I think they’ll stay until I kill ‘em.

After playing around with it in front of the house in-between rain showers, the rear shock looks to be just what I was looking for (flick of the switch adjustable travel) and the fork has more adjustments then I know what to do with – the thing is incredible!

Now if it would just stop raining :rant::rant:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Lookin good. That fork should raise the bb a little which on Enduros is a good thing (at least for around these parts). Enjoy that new rig! :thumb:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
very sweet looking bike.
but i gotta ask...what's wrong with riding in the rain? i rode in rain and snow today
I ride in Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties - and mountain bikers certainly don't need any more problems around here. Riding on soggy trails tears them up and pisses off the hikers.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
very sweet looking bike.
but i gotta ask...what's wrong with riding in the rain? i rode in rain and snow today
Steep Santa Barbara trails in the rain=rutty, eroded mess.

It is a lot different here than it is out east or in the midwest, those trails CAN'T be ridden in the wet without someone wanting to kill you the next dry day.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Steep Santa Barbara trails in the rain=rutty, eroded mess.

It is a lot different here than it is out east or in the midwest, those trails CAN'T be ridden in the wet without someone wanting to kill you the next dry day.
The really screwed up part is there's probably an army of horses tromping up Santa Cruz trail right now, leaving coffee can sized holes....The holes they'll never fill in, because equestrians don't do trail maintenance:plthumbsdown:

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
Nice! I had an '03 Enduro that was so freakin' good. I just got rid of it, but very reluctantly. FYI--when I upgraded the wheelset to a set of CrossMax XL's it totally changed the way she rode, it was infinitely better. But I suppose that pretty much always true. Enjoy :cheers:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
The really screwed up part is there's probably an army of horses tromping up Santa Cruz trail right now, leaving coffee can sized holes....The holes they'll never fill in, because equestrians don't do trail maintenance:plthumbsdown:
That's not all they'll leave....if you catch my drift.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
no kidding!
btw, sweet trailbike!
That's about perfect for SB/VTA stuff.