Quantcast

So, i want to ge tin shape...

p3rider182

Chimp
Nov 15, 2004
Hey, im 16, 220, and 6 foot 1, im tired of it, i want to get fit and lean and strong, by school, and also so im not so rough on my parts.... i figured im goign to starts a plan and diet...

Excersize
Bike to work, about 7 miles
take a break and do some urban for 45 minutes
bike home form work, about 7 miles, then take a shower
go do urban in my city for a couple of hourse
come hame and take a rbeak
go for a night ride, about 2 miles up ill and 3 downhill

Monring Pills
Some Super Food powder mix (contains all vitmins and minerals required in 1 day)
6 Calcium Pills
2 1 a Day Multi Vitamins

Diet
Breakfeast 2 eggs, Some Fruit, 3 glasses of water, and a Protein Bar
Lunch - Some Fruit, 1 Liter of Water, 1 Protein Bar
Dinner - Protein Bar, some Meat, Salad
and if i get hungy, ill snack on a protein bar

Im plannign on keeping this up all summer, and im going to be riding on ym monutain bike, single speed, hardtail, 2.4 tinck tired (maxxis holy rollers), thegearing is goign to be 32fx16r

im hope to start seeing results sometime soon, bt im hope that will get me fit

Any suggestions?

WarEagle2K

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Try to get some running in too. I lose weight much faster when I incorporate some running in. Start of slow and try to keep going for 20-30 minutes and then work up the pace a little. Keep up the good work if running is not your thing. Just by doing what you are doing, you will shed those pounds quicker than you think.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A bit of strength training will also help. Muscle burns calories even when not being used. Some push ups, pull ups, sit ups etc... will also help with technical riding.

You may want to reconsider all the vitamins, sounds like you are taking way too much. If you have a balanced diet you don't really need them and they could cause kidney stones later in life. I'd just go with just a little bit of the superfood stuff. You may want to consider taking it at night too, your body needs the vitamins when it is recovering as you sleep, not in the AM when you are already giving your body what it needs with food.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
more water in your diet. And replace some of those protein bars with real food. Actually use the protein bars as snacks and eat real protein (chicken, tuna) during meals. Also swap out some of that fruit for vegetables. Fruit, while good for you, is high in sugar and can spike your insulin levels, which can cause you to feel tired. Leafy green veggies are good. try putting some spinach leaves on a sandwich, good source of iron. try to up it to 5-7 meals a day if your work schedule can support it. That will help your insulin stay more constant, which is good for overall health.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
your diet suxs..
try somehthing like like this
morning 6 egg whites. 1-2 cups oatmeal or few slices of wheat toast.
mid mornining meal replacement shake like myoplex or protein bar.
lunch. grilled chicken, fish or other lean meat. 6-8 oz. 1 cup brown rice/yam/broccolli
shake or even better. can of tuna maybe slice of wheat bread
dinner 6-8 oz lean meat , lower on carbs unless you got back from a ride.
before bed some cottage cheese (with fruit if you finished riding)
try to keep carbs low as possible after say 5pm unless you just finished riding/working out then you need some simple carbs to help replenish glycogen

Gregg

Chimp
May 24, 2005
Morgantown, WV
fiddy_ryder said:
your diet suxs..
try somehthing like like this
morning 6 egg whites. 1-2 cups oatmeal or few slices of wheat toast.
mid mornining meal replacement shake like myoplex or protein bar.
lunch. grilled chicken, fish or other lean meat. 6-8 oz. 1 cup brown rice/yam/broccolli
shake or even better. can of tuna maybe slice of wheat bread
dinner 6-8 oz lean meat , lower on carbs unless you got back from a ride.
before bed some cottage cheese (with fruit if you finished riding)
try to keep carbs low as possible after say 5pm unless you just finished riding/working out then you need some simple carbs to help replenish glycogen

:stupid: Took the words right outta my mouth, good advice.

butthead

Chimp
Dec 17, 2001
Las Cruces, NM
I feel your pain. I'm 6'2" and have been over 270 lbs. for far too long (it sucks having to exhale to tie my shoes). I recently decided that I needed to lose all of the unnecessary fat that has been plauging my body for so long. Here are a few websites/books on exercise that I've found very helpful. I hate going to the gym, so the idea of working out with only your own body weight is very appealing to me.

www.bronzebowpublishing.com - Check out "Pushing Yourself to Power." It is a very well presented and put together book. You can get free fitness advice from the author via his forum, which I think is pretty cool.

http://www.warriorforce.com/warriorfitness.html - "The Underground Guide to Warrior Fitness." This book focuses completely on calisthenics and conditioning. This guy also offers free advice via his forum or email.

http://www.frixo.com/sites/fitness/index.html - This site shows most of the exercises found in the "Warrior Fitness" book for free.

This probably sounds like spam, but I'm not associated with any of these people. I just think there is good info here, so I'm passing it along. I hope it helps. Good luck!!!