Quantcast

So I was in Subway yesterday...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
And I was pretty hungry and all, about to order my favorite sandwich, the footlong cold cut trio, with lettuce, tomato, mayo, bacon and parmesean, when I notice that one of the chicks working behind the counter wasnt in a uniform, yet she was still handling food.
This normally wouldnt bother me, as after years of wearing one myself, Im a firm hater of uniforms, but this chick was wearing a sleeveless shirt and as she'd reach over the counter to get different condiments and sandwich meats, I noticed chunky dried up white deoderant cakes in her armpits. They werent flaking off and falling into the food as far as I could tell, but I was still a bit leary.
Anyway, my sandwich is about to get to her, and I say "Uh...sorry to inconvenience you, but could you (speaking to the uniformed chick already making my sandwich) just go ahead and finish my sandwich up yourself? And she, sensing what was up just said "Yeah, sure, no problem" but the armpit chick... :rolleyes:
She's all like "What's the problem, sir?" in a snide tone.
I'm all "there's no problem, i just would rather have someone in uniform make my food"
..and she gets all hissy "Sir, it doesnt matter what somebody's wearing. I washed my hands and we have a system here."
I go, "Well i didnt want to call you out or emberass you, but I noticed that you've got dried up deoderant cakes in your armpits and you're leaning all over the food and I just think that's gross, so I'd prefer someone else hand my food, if thats ok with you."
People in line behind me are all like "Uhhh" and "Gross!"
She turns all red and stomps off the back room and I could hear her yelling and all this crap.
WTF is wrong with people?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
HAHA!! You rock. But subway is gross all together. Have you ever seen the rainbow oil-sheen color on their meat ( i use that term loosely)???

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
yeah, quiznos is real dam good. No chunks there. The local one here is owned by this old korean couple. they give me a discount when i go there cause I always sing "we like the subs" really loud like the commercial when i come through the door.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
what I want to know is... did anyone in front of you who had their sandwich made by cake girl hear you? Did they ask for their sandwich remade or puke, hopefully? :D

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Nah, no one really did anything. They were probably afraid of this chick cause she waived her index finger and did that gyro-rotating head thing. I was scared myself for a second...

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mrbigisbudgood said:
Biggest Meatiest Tastiest

or

Bronx Manhattan Transfer
close.....Brooklyn Manhattan Transfer....but I like Bowel Movement Txxx. :D

My old roomate used to work at a Subway....I think I lived off of it for a year. :dead:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BurlySurly said:
And I was pretty hungry and all, about to order my favorite sandwich, the footlong cold cut trio, with lettuce, tomato, mayo, bacon and parmesean, when I notice that one of the chicks working behind the counter wasnt in a uniform, yet she was still handling food.
This normally wouldnt bother me, as after years of wearing one myself, Im a firm hater of uniforms, but this chick was wearing a sleeveless shirt and as she'd reach over the counter to get different condiments and sandwich meats, I noticed chunky dried up white deoderant cakes in her armpits. They werent flaking off and falling into the food as far as I could tell, but I was still a bit leary.
Anyway, my sandwich is about to get to her, and I say "Uh...sorry to inconvenience you, but could you (speaking to the uniformed chick already making my sandwich) just go ahead and finish my sandwich up yourself? And she, sensing what was up just said "Yeah, sure, no problem" but the armpit chick... :rolleyes:
She's all like "What's the problem, sir?" in a snide tone.
I'm all "there's no problem, i just would rather have someone in uniform make my food"
..and she gets all hissy "Sir, it doesnt matter what somebody's wearing. I washed my hands and we have a system here."
I go, "Well i didnt want to call you out or emberass you, but I noticed that you've got dried up deoderant cakes in your armpits and you're leaning all over the food and I just think that's gross, so I'd prefer someone else hand my food, if thats ok with you."
People in line behind me are all like "Uhhh" and "Gross!"
She turns all red and stomps off the back room and I could hear her yelling and all this crap.
WTF is wrong with people?

Good stuff!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
I once had a guy get pissy at me when I asked him to change his gloves after going in the back to refill something. "But I have gloves on" he said. "Yes, but you just went in the back and touched doors, other containers, who knows what all with those gloves on. You might as well not be wearing them then" He put new gloves on, but was huffy about it and still couldn't understand why :rolleyes:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Motionboy2 said:
BS, have you ever considered making a movie of your life? I think it would be funny, but who would you get to play yourself :p
BMXPrincess looks like a boy now. She could do it.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Motionboy2 said:
BS, have you ever considered making a movie of your life? I think it would be funny, but who would you get to play yourself :p
I heard a rumor that Vin Diesel is gay, so he'd probably be a good pick.... :monkey:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Skookum said:
I heard a rumor that Vin Diesel is gay, so he'd probably be a good pick.... :monkey:
Hey, you could be an on-site expert for the sasquatch lovemaking scenes.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
AHAHAHAHHAHHAAAAA! That's one of the funniest things i've ever read on RM.

Skookum said:
Quizno's is fairly new to this area, i just recently found out i have an addiction to the Carbonara Chicken. :oink:
Don't tempt me....

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
i hate subway. their meat tastes like **** and they just like let it sit out in the open all day and its all precut so it just makes it seem really wierd. but i LOVE jersey mikes. i have a serious addiction to that place.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
BS,

No deodorant cakes for me, but I had a problem with a new girl at my favorite mexican restaurant (Las Golondrinas for you so cal folk). I go in there at least once a week for dinner and lunch the next day. I usually call in and order the same deal, but I always forget my number because it doesn't really matter. Well, I go in there and see the new girl. She's like, "Can I help you?" in jumbled english. I'm like, "Yeah, I don't know my number, but I ordered 3 burritos with no beans." She looks at the bag that's obviously mine, looks at the tag, and says, "3 carne asada, no salsa?" I'm like, "no." She says, "Do you know your number?" I say, "no, but it's the bag in your hand." So, she starts talking to the cooks in back and finally figures out that it's my order. She finally turns towards myself and the cash register, at which point starts doggin me in spanish quietly. I let it go on for a little bit until I look at her coworker and say, "no se que esta diciendo, estoy seguro no me gustan los hombres." I kept going on for a sec just to let that chick know that I knew exactly what she said, but what was her problem? When I used to serve, I never trashed a customer in front of them and usually waited until they left to bitch to my coworkers.

I've got beef with people (everyone know that I think about it) that handle money and food :nope:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Hey BS there are laws against what she did...I bet if you placed a call the the local Subway headquarters they wouldn't be to happy about it...a freindly message from one who's been in the food business for way to long....D

Big E

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Hell Paso Texas
when i used to work fast food there were a couple of girls i worked with that used to go to the bathroom with there throw away aprons on and just come back with the same ones on and go back to cookin up your food.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I worked at Papa John's for 2 weeks when i was 16 and they were strict as **** about uniforms and cleanliness, plus everything really is made fresh there. I like that place alot.

Oh, and BMXman, I dont really care enough to file a complaint, I mean, my sandwich didnt get flaked out...it's just messed up how wierd people get and pissed when you call their BS card. Like today, I was leaving the store and some beast of a chick comes pulling up, takes a big drag off her cigarette and throws the butt out the car window onto the ground. So I go, "Would you mind picking that up?" real courteous like, and she flips out on me and says "I will" blah blah blah blah"
And Im all laughing in her face at this point and she's like "whats so f***ing funny" and Im like, "all i asked was that you pick up your trash, damn. get a grip on yourself" and of course she loses it again and people are staring at me...whatever.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
BurlySurly said:
I worked at Papa John's for 2 weeks when i was 16 and they were strict as **** about uniforms and cleanliness, plus everything really is made fresh there. I like that place alot.

Oh, and BMXman, I dont really care enough to file a complaint, I mean, my sandwich didnt get flaked out...it's just messed up how wierd people get and pissed when you call their BS card. Like today, I was leaving the store and some beast of a chick comes pulling up, takes a big drag off her cigarette and throws the butt out the car window onto the ground. So I go, "Would you mind picking that up?" real courteous like, and she flips out on me and says "I will" blah blah blah blah"
And Im all laughing in her face at this point and she's like "whats so f***ing funny" and Im like, "all i asked was that you pick up your trash, damn. get a grip on yourself" and of course she loses it again and people are staring at me...whatever.
why are almost all smokers like that, even here at work (on break) most of them bitch about walking 5 feet to throw there cig butt in the prper container, the other half just toss it on the round

they all deserve a :nuts:

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
BurlySurly said:

I don't know what it is like in Hawaii, but here in America peoples actions are no longer their responsibility. Everyone is supposed to keep quiet and not hold anyone else accountable for anything. ;)

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
BMXman said:
Hey BS there are laws against what she did...I bet if you placed a call the the local Subway headquarters they wouldn't be to happy about it...a freindly message from one who's been in the food business for way to long....D
I bet if Jared found out, heads would roll.