Quantcast

So I was just riding along today......

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
We were just riding along on some local trails, and ran into this other guy riding a Specialized Stump Jumper Dual suspension. He looked to be probably around 50, and we started talking. He was just out spinning through the woods, and in conversation, I found out he was SIXTYFRIKKINSEVEN years old! Now that, is cool! A 67 year old just out ridin. Thats how I want to be

Ride for life :thumb:

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Suspention, eh? Is that a new top-secret project from Specialized? Cuz last I checked, they made suspenSion bikes. :p

That's freakin' sweet though. I don't think I've ever seen anybody that age riding a bike. Usually the people that age are the hikers who yell at you when you ride by. :mad:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
dexterq20 said:
Suspention, eh? Is that a new top-secret project from Specialized? Cuz last I checked, they made suspenSion bikes. :p

That's freakin' sweet though. I don't think I've ever seen anybody that age riding a bike. Usually the people that age are the hikers who yell at you when you ride by. :mad:

I dunno what you are talking about...... Its spelled right in my post :sneaky:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I will be riding when I am 70. I started riding young (16) and was told by my Father I wouldn't still be riding when I was 30.... Next year I will be 40 and I had a record year for miles. I don't see me stopping anytime soon.....jdcamb

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
jdcamb said:
I will be riding when I am 70. I started riding young (16) and was told by my Father I wouldn't still be riding when I was 30.... Next year I will be 40 and I had a record year for miles. I don't see me stopping anytime soon.....jdcamb
Exactly how I feel. I haven't started to slow down yet, still putting in the epic road miles and slamming into things on my Slayer and my snowboard. Speaking of which, where the fack is the snow?

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
I rode with a dude who did trialthalons at age 68, and he rode mainly road, but he carried a flask of Gentleman Jack, and when you went over 50 miles, everyone in the group would have to do a shot.

He organized a big group for the MS150 in Jax, FL.

Been a while since I've ridden with him, but I know he is still riding, so I think he is 72, and rides everyday, he can easily avg 18mph.

I hope I can be like that.