Quantcast

so I was looking at details for this years Bonnaroo...

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Lucero is the best thing on that list. I fail to see any of the hype that surrounds The Flaming Lips. Nas? really. Nas hasnt released anything worth a damn in 10 years. Edward Sharpe, I remember when you were all up on the 80's synth-pop tip a few years ago when you were the lead singer of Ima Robot. Nice way to jump trend to folk.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
3 of my favorite bands are playing but there's no chance that I'm going to rural Tennessee in the middle of the summer to hang out with 100,000 sweaty hippies.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I fail to see any of the hype that surrounds The Flaming Lips.
Dude! Flaming Lips put on a crazy show. I had tons of fun last time I went to their show. He rolled out in his giant bubble and there were dancing santas and aliens on stage all night. The music is high energy and fun. I don't know what the 'hype' is, but after seeing them live I look forward to seeing them again. Lots of fun IMO.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
3 of my favorite bands are playing but there's no chance that I'm going to rural Tennessee in the middle of the summer to hang out with 100,000 sweaty hippies.
No kidding. Just open the front door of your office and let the sweaty hippy stench waft in. I bet every one of your employees has advance tickets. :p

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My buddy from Knoxville asked me if I would like to work there this year. He said last year was a riot. I guess they need camera and lighting techs. I asked how much they paid. And he said nothing. Now there is a great gig. Sit on top of a 48' scaffold tower in the rain for a 10 hour shift and no lodging or food accommodations after I travel to Tennessee for nothing?? Yeah sign me up for that! I'll pass....

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
My buddy from Knoxville asked me if I would like to work there this year. He said last year was a riot. I guess they need camera and lighting techs. I asked how much they paid. And he said nothing. Now there is a great gig. Sit on top of a 48' scaffold tower in the rain for a 10 hour shift and no lodging or food accommodations after I travel to Tennessee for nothing?? Yeah sign me up for that! I'll pass....
Yeah, but you like get to hear great bands man. For free!

(The bands are getting paid, the vendors are getting paid, and I ain't doing **** unless I'm getting paid...)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Dude! Flaming Lips put on a crazy show. I had tons of fun last time I went to their show. He rolled out in his giant bubble and there were dancing santas and aliens on stage all night. The music is high energy and fun. I don't know what the 'hype' is, but after seeing them live I look forward to seeing them again. Lots of fun IMO.
cf. Gwar

sure it's tons of fun the first time, but you know exactly what's coming all the subsequent times...

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
I don't know how anyone else made it past Against Me! in that lineup.

Live crabcore, that's got to be worth the price of admission.