Quantcast

So I went for a ride today. (With pix!)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
A biking related post in the lounge! :eek:

Went riding today since it was such a nice day and I was skipping out on the relatives today. It's a short loop and I didn't take pix of all the rocks and such. I really wanted to test out the camera I picked up off of e-bay.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Great pics! I love green too!

Questions:
1. Why's your saddle so low in the first pic of your bike?
3. WTF did you do to your hair? Is Cindy Lauper your mom? ;)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
LordOpie said:
Great pics! I love green too!

Questions:
1. Why's your saddle so low in the first pic of your bike?
3. WTF did you do to your hair? Is Cindy Lauper your mom? ;)
1) Because I was still pushing/walking up the steep parts (I am running a single 34t ring up front. I am getting stronger, though. Each ride I push less and less). I raised it later when I actually started riding.

2) It's easter. I am the egg.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
The weird thing is that as I am going up the paved road I see people coming down on mountain bikes. I'm like, "WTF?! Why would you go down the paved road when there is a bitchen trail that paralells it?" Then it hit me... they are all wussies. Or roadies. :D

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Ciaran said:
Then it hit me... they are all wusseys. Or roadies. :D
wussies. Can't be roadies. Once you fly down a mountain on pavement at 40-50mph thru the twisties, you'll never do that again on a mtb.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
LordOpie said:
wussies. Can't be roadies. Once you fly down a mountain on pavement at 40-50mph thru the twisties, you'll never do that again on a mtb.
Yeah but these people are all on the brakes coming down.

Sep 29, 2004
Ciaran said:
The weird thing is that as I am going up the paved road I see people coming down on mountain bikes. I'm like, "WTF?! Why would you go down the paved road when there is a bitchen trail that paralells it?" Then it hit me... they are all wussies. Or roadies. :D
but then u realise u jsut had a full face helemt on a trail that entirely dosnt require one

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Sir Happypants said:
but then u realise u jsut had a full face helemt on a trail that entirely dosnt require one
Actually I have my helmet and arm/elbow pads strapped to the camelbak on the way up. The helmet and armor are for the way down. That trail has some very rocky sections and sections that are on the edge of the mountain. if you fall you fall down many feet. If you want to crack your head open while crashing in the rocks go right ahead.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Sir Happypants said:
u could say the same for many xc trails then
Whatever dude. I post some pictures from a fun ride I had and you have to start giving me crap about my helmet. Well excuse me for not being as hardcore as you.

Yeah.. Opies right... Edit: removing the name calling.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Ciaran said:
Whatever dude. I post some pictures from a fun ride I had and you have to start giving me crap about my helmet. Well excuse me for not being as hardcore as you. Now go away, jerkoff.
uhh, why did you bother replying to him?

Hell, I wear a full-face helmet during sex. I once got headbutted by the lady I was with who was enjoying herself a bit too much. Friggin' knocked out three teeth.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
ET_SoCal said:
It's been a year for me in that area.
Is that Sunset or Merril going down?
That one is Sunset. If I kept riding up the road it would take me to the Merrill trailhead which is a great downhill that links up with Sunset. Come on by, we'll shuttle it!

Sep 29, 2004
Ciaran said:
Whatever dude. I post some pictures from a fun ride I had and you have to start giving me crap about my helmet. Well excuse me for not being as hardcore as you.

Yeah.. Opies right... Edit: removing the name calling.
honestly i dont care about the helmet im jsut making apoint because u decided to make fun of roadies

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Sir Happypants said:
honestly i dont care about the helmet im jsut making apoint because u decided to make fun of roadies
There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with making fun of roadies, you should drop your beef with Cirian. :think: