Quantcast

So I went to class in lycra today....

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Like the title says....

Last night I decided not to go to my morning English class, it's boring anyway and I had the chance to fit in a few hours of riding. I get a lift up to Stanford with a friend and we pick up his bike and head for the hills.

Unfortunately he had to turn around, so I continue on my way. Page Mill Road is a great ride, not many people on it today and it's just awesome, the whole time I'm thinking "I should ditch this class more often" :) . After 40 something miles and 3 hours I'm back at school, but I have no room key and no ID card(swipe it to get food and get into the dorm). I am also remembering that I have a 1pm class and it is 12:50 and I CAN'T miss it.

No worries though, someone lets me into the dorms....right, my roommate locked the door...WTF! We never lock the door! He is not inside either....or he was "busy" with himself(more likely) and didn't answer. So it's now 12:58 and I need to get to class.

Still clothed in lycra and cycling shoes I sprint the bike over and sit down in class...all the time sucking on my Camel back(I haven't eaten since 8am). Now normally this would be embarrassing, clothed in lycra, no books, notes, paper, or pen and my bike is sitting in the corner(I don't smell to good either I'm sure). However, this isn't a normal class....this is Women and Literature and I am one of 4 other guys in a class of about 40(ya, I lucked out on that pick)!

My teacher gives me a funny look and a few girls are winking in my direction and I'm in the front row turning bright red(I dislike being the center of attention very much). I managed to get through the entire class, but the guest lecturer almost burst out laughing when I started answering her questions about Queer Theory.....guy in lycra in the middle of an Ecofeminism class with really bad looking hair raising his hand...I must have looked like quite the eager pupil :cool:.

Ahh, so that's my Friday afternoon, I got to go riding and spent over an hour sitting around in public, in lycra and I can honestly say....I enjoyed it :eek:

The Ito

ito

Oct 3, 2003
Originally posted by Ridemonkey
So tonight, will you be hitting the bars in your lycra?
Yes, but that's only because my leather is at the dry cleaners....gotta get the blood out of it.

The Ito

P.S. Crash....I know, it's been brought up a few times

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
naw its not that bad getting caught in my super hero cloth. its quite fun walking into bars and such,
though i know the owners and such. oh well

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by ito
WTF! We never lock the door! He is not inside either....or he was "busy" with himself(more likely) and didn't answer.
heh, great story, especially the above :thumb:

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
It's nice to see yet another guy comfortable with his sexuality and masculinity... seems like so many guys would ditch class out of fear of looking "sissy."

Guys who ride pink bikes are cool, too.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Originally posted by Capt. Jack Sparrow
Guys who ride pink bikes are cool, too.
Damn straight, although I have never worn lycra to class.
The Ito is a bigger man than I.

ito

Oct 3, 2003
TN, your bike rocks! What frame is that? I need to pic up drop bars for my karate monkey soon, are those CX specific or just a general road bar?

No pink bike...I'm not good enough to pull it off. And yes, I'm very comfortable with my sexuality and masculnity :dancing:

The Ito

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Originally posted by ito
TN, your bike rocks! What frame is that? I need to pic up drop bars for my karate monkey soon, are those CX specific or just a general road bar?

No pink bike...I'm not good enough to pull it off. And yes, I'm very comfortable with my sexuality and masculnity :dancing:

The Ito
It is Laura's Voo-Doo. There was no way I was gonna race my XC bike after the first race. & I am no good either I think I finished 3rd from last in that race, F' all of that running. :D

I am not sure about the bars.