Quantcast

So I went to the Dentist...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
and it sucked. I was out on a long ride on Saturday and while I was eating a powerbar I broke a large portion of my tooth off. The Dentist ground out a bunch of the tooth and rebuilt it, then she gave me a lecture about coming in more often and that I may have one or two cavities :( Why in the hell can't the body generate new teeth? Then I could just let them fall out, and have a fresh set come in :biggrin:

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
I went 3 years without any checkups or cleanings due to no insurance. Then once I got insurance I was too lazy to go, so there went another year. My teeth weren't in bad shape that I could see, and no pain, etc.

But I finally went in last week and was told I was lucky enough to have the beginning stages of periodontal disease, jaw bone loss and receding gums. I had to have one cavity filled and a full-mouth "deep cleaning" where they clean under the gum line. Wasn't a fun experience. Cost: $900 ($500 after insurance).

Moral of the story is: See the dentist regularly! :D

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
i've been putting off a visit to the dentist for over a year now. my left molar cracked in half and is very hot/cold sensitive now.
how long did the procedure take ire?
Bout an hour of work. The thing I hate is trying to keep from gagging while they stick a bunch of crap in your mouth. I spent an hour telling myself to stay calm as this woman comes at me with a drill, it was tense