Quantcast

So if i was "exposed" to pot will i pass a drug test?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
blt2ride said:
What kind of test are they going to give you? One thing you should know about drug tests are that they have to be specific. In other words, they have to test for pot, meth, crack, or whatever separately. They might not even test for mary jane, they may be looking for hardcore drugs, considering that the tests for pot are the most expensive to administer.

If you're really worried about it, go to a local head shop and tell them your story. One of my friends bought something, and was able to pass a pee-test 3 days after smoking...
That is another thing i was wondering. I mean do alot of employers, test for pot? I am wondering if they even care that much about it, and if they do test for pot, what levels do they test for?

I would expect pot to be pretty low on the list of things to test for, hardcore stuff is what im guessing their priority is...

can anyone comment.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
When I was younger, I had taken and passed piss tests within days of indulging. One time I smoked ALOT of weed, like every day for a couple of weeks. I had a test about a week later and totally passed. Although I did drink what seemed like gallons of water everyday when I found out I had that test. :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I would expect pot to be pretty low on the list of things to test for, hardcore stuff is what im guessing their priority is...

can anyone comment.
Sorry, I know you're looking for a little bit of hope that it won't matter, but the fact is, a company that drug tests, drug tests for everything.

Besides, a lot of the hardcore stuff only resides in your system for 24-72 hours.

I'd be suprised if there's any company that leaves THC out of their drug test.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Echo said:
N8 is incorrect, if you are being honest about your level of exposure, you will not test positive.

However, N8's post underscores the fact that whenever someone gets popped on a piss test, they claim "they were near someone 3 weeks ago who was smoking a joint". Bullsh!t. If you tested positive, you smoked.
We had a dude here at work that tried to pass off someone elses piss as his own...the clinic called our HR dept. and said your employee is either dead or is trying to pass off someone elses urine as his own. So he had to go back, pissed FILTHY...FIRED...then the f'er tried to sue the city for his job back...unbelievable...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
manhattanprjkt83 said:
blocked, on the whizzinator, and the juice isnt enough?

god damnit i didnt even smoke the sh1t!
I'm sure you're fine. I wouldn't worry about it. And, really, there's not much you can do at this point, so just go and do it and try to relax in the meantime.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
dh girlie said:
We had a dude here at work that tried to pass off someone elses piss as his own...the clinic called our HR dept. and said your employee is either dead or is trying to pass off someone elses urine as his own. So he had to go back, pissed FILTHY...FIRED...then the f'er tried to sue the city for his job back...unbelievable...
moron hahhaha :nope:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
bluebug32 said:
I'm sure you're fine. I wouldn't worry about it. And, really, there's not much you can do at this point, so just go and do it and try to relax in the meantime.
thanks there is a pair of destroyed girlie jeans in the mail...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
like there was dirt or trash in his piss?
Sorry...they found high levels of thc in his urine. I gotta get a new job...being around sewer workers and tree trimmers all day I start talking like them...they say so and so pissed dirty...but this guy was SO bad I was trying to emphasize the levels by saying FILTHY...so mr. prim and proper...his urine was tainted with marijuana.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
Sorry...they found high levels of thc in his urine. I gotta get a new job...being around sewer workers and tree trimmers all day I start talking like them...they say so and so pissed dirty...but this guy was SO bad I was trying to emphasize the levels by saying FILTHY...so mr. prim and proper...his urine was tainted with marijuana.
Hey DHG - he got it, already. :rolleyes:

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
dh girlie said:
Like my grampa used to say"It's hard when you're stoopid"

The Cheese

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Like 10 years ago I was working for a subsidiary of Kodak. Our subsidiary was getting "absorbed" back into the corporation, so a condition of transitioning to a Kodak employee was that everyone had to pass a pee test. They literally told us 2 months ahead of time the exact day of the test. Two people still failed :D

And of course their story was that they were near someone who smoked :p

VA2SLOride

Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
dh girlie said:
Guys a complete moron...not only did he pull that crap and then fail the drug test...he'd been caught on video sleeping and taking long breaks and lunches...his disciplinary action section of his employee folder was thicker most veteran employees entire employee folder... :rolleyes:
I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and guess that you work for the gov't? I wish I were being videotaped at work......

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
manhattanprjkt83 said:
That is another thing i was wondering. I mean do alot of employers, test for pot? I am wondering if they even care that much about it, and if they do test for pot, what levels do they test for?

can anyone comment.
It's kind of hard to say, but it really depends on the company. My company doesn't do pre-employment tests, but we do "fitness for duty tests." In other words, when someone comes in looking high, we (meaning me) has to drive their dumb a$$ down to the hospital.

We had one knucklehead who looked pretty dang stoned, but he swore up and down that he hadn't smoked. Once he knew he was going to the hospital, he admitted to smoking some weed over the weekend, but hadn't smoked in a few days. Once he said that, off to the hospital we went. However, to everyones' amazement, he passed the test. You never really know.

According to the doctor, a lot of it has to do with your body fat, water intake, and the amound of exercise you get. If you're pretty thin, exercise a decent amount, and drink a lot of water, weed should pass through your system pretty quickly. However, if they do a hair sample...that's a whole different beast...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
blt2ride said:
It's kind of hard to say, but it really depends on the company. My company doesn't do pre-employment tests, but we do "fitness for duty tests." In other words, when someone comes in looking high, we (meaning me) has to drive their dumb a$$ down to the hospital.

We had one knucklehead who looked pretty dang stoned, but he swore up and down that he hadn't smoked. Once he knew he was going to the hospital, he admitted to smoking some weed over the weekend, but hadn't smoked in a few days. Once he said that, off to the hospital we went. However, to everyones' amazement, he passed the test. You never really know.

According to the doctor, a lot of it has to do with your body fat, water intake, and the amound of exercise you get. If you're pretty thin, exercise a decent amount, and drink a lot of water, weed should pass through your system pretty quickly. However, if they do a hair sample...that's a whole different beast...
well im about 160 lbs, in shape, ride 3 times a week, minimal body fat, and i drink a ton of water :thumb:

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
only companies that would even think of asking for hair is high level govt' .. i tested for a job with secret and i beleive top secret clearance, they just wanted piss. if you dont smoke at all, you have nothing to worry about. period. the trace amounts if any at all will not be detectable.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
SkaredShtles said:
It's really funny how you quoted the word exposed in your title.

Exposed my ass...........

Time to pay the piper, Mr. Marley.

:D
that is actually really funny, im telling the truth...

echo, im killing you too

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
SkaredShtles said:
It's really funny how you quoted the word exposed in your title.

Exposed my ass...........

Time to pay the piper, Mr. Marley.

:D
Who are we to judge? I mean, a lot of my friends (most) puff the magic dragon, but I don't. I'm around it all the time, and have no desire to smoke...I believe you... :p