Quantcast

So if i was "exposed" to pot will i pass a drug test?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Yo so I have to take a drug test in the next couple of days for my new job I will be starting in about a week...

I am just a bit concerned about it because I have some friends that occasionally "indulge" in the grass
. I myself dont do it at all... I am probably just being paranoid, but in the past month I have been around them, ONLY around them while they were smoking, once was outside and another time was in a car (but i cracked the window)...It has been about 2-3 weeks since any exposure to it?

I am wondering if I have anything to worry about, I know the standard cranberry and water stuff, but anyone have any comments or suggestions before I pee in the cup?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Yo so I have to take a drug test in the next couple of days for my new job I will be starting in about a week...

I am just a bit concerned about it because I have some friends that occasionally "indulge" in the grass
. I myself dont do it at all... I am probably just being paranoid, but in the past month I have been around them, ONLY around them while they were smoking, once was outside and another time was in a car (but i cracked the window)...It has been about 2-3 weeks since any exposure to it?

I am wondering if I have anything to worry about, I know the standard cranberry and water stuff, but anyone have any comments or suggestions before I pee in the cup?
I've seen people get busted on piss tests for that.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
If you truly haven't smoked it youself, you will pass. You don't take in a tracable amount of THC from airborne smoke, even in a closed environment like a car.

The 'contact high' excuse is a no-go for drug tests. Never works and never will.

MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
N8 said:
I've seen people get busted on piss tests for that.
That's because they had actually smoked pot and were trying to make an excuse...

MD

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Just take the test, I mean, what's the worst that will happen? You won't get the job? It definitely depends on what kind of a job you're applying for, but if you fail the test, who is really gonna know? Your parents? If you don't even do the test, you won't get the job, so might as well give it a shot, seeing as there aren't really a lot of options.
And if you do fail, might as well light one up to celebrate your new lifestyle as a jobless hippie.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
MikeD said:
If you truly haven't smoked it youself, you will pass. You don't take in a tracable amount of THC from airborne smoke, even in a closed environment like a car.

The 'contact high' excuse is a no-go for drug tests. Never works and never will.

MD
sheesh you're no fun..... :p

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
N8 is incorrect, if you are being honest about your level of exposure, you will not test positive.

However, N8's post underscores the fact that whenever someone gets popped on a piss test, they claim "they were near someone 3 weeks ago who was smoking a joint". Bullsh!t. If you tested positive, you smoked.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
MikeD said:

MD
cool that is what i though, i just wanted a piece of mind...

So if you DID take a hit, would 2-3 weeks be enough time for it to leave your system? Like i said i didnt just curious...:confused:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Echo said:
N8 is incorrect, if you are being honest about your level of exposure, you will not test positive.

However, N8's post underscores the fact that whenever someone gets popped on a piss test, they claim "they were near someone 3 weeks ago who was smoking a joint". Bullsh!t. If you tested positive, you smoked.
Hey, Echo and I agree on something...I will caveat our statements by saying that yeah, if you're in the car with Cheech and Chong, and there's an absolutely obscene amount of smoke in the air, it's *possible* to test positive...but at that point, you'll actually be getting the effects of having smoked it yourself anyhow, so there's no real difference.

But even if there are 2-3 joints in the car, it shouldn't be a problem for you.

MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
manhattanprjkt83 said:
cool that is what i though, i just wanted a piece of mind...

So if you DID take a hit, would 2-3 weeks be enough time for it to leave your system? Like i said i didnt just curious...:confused:

Hah, see...there you go..."just theoretically..."

I don't know how long it takes to clear your system, with any honestly or reliably.

MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
If you want some more info, search this other forum and read this thread...lots of these guys are DEA agents who have good knowledge of this stuff.

http://www.911jobforums.com/vB/showthread.php3?t=45308&highlight=smoking+car

There's a parole officer who says that it's 30-45 days in your system after smoking, but I'm sure that varies with amount taken in, body composition, metabolism, diet, environment, etc.

MD

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MikeD said:
That's because they had actually smoked pot and were trying to make an excuse...

MD
In college I played cards and boozed on an almost daily basis with a bunch of tokers. I had no problems on multiple tests when looking for jobs.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I Are Baboon said:
You've been talking about this job for weeks. Why would you even chance it?
I didnt think i was "chancing" that much, but now im just being paranoid, we were all sitting around had a couple beers and i just happen to be around the stuff... :angry:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
It's stored in your fat cells. So if a really skinny dude blazes down he's looking at about 30 days, if a fat slob tokes he's looking at about 45 days.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Westy said:
In college I played cards and boozed on an almost daily basis with a bunch of tokers. I had no problems on multiple tests when looking for jobs.

alright thats cool, thats prob more than i have been around...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
manhattanprjkt83 said:
is that how long you are saying it would take a casual user to rid his system? hhahah i dont even know why im asking now, i really didnt smoke.
I was worried about this once upon a time and everything I've read said that it can be from 3-6 weeks depending on your metabolism, diet, etc. Even a heavy user should be clean after 8 weeks, but it could be a lot sooner, again, depending on metabolism, diet, etc.

I can't point at something and say, "this is a valid scientific test", so take it with a grain of salt, it's just what I came to as a conclusion after reading probably three dozen sites on the subject.

Good luck with the job. If you honestly didn't smoke anything and the last time you were around it was 2-3 weeks ago, then there's no reason for you to fail the test.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
bluebug32 said:
I'll sell you some urine in exchange for AE gear and your bike. How much is to worth to ya? ;)
deal :love:

Man you are going to try and hit me up for gear all the time arent you. Unfortunately once I start, i dont think i will be on the :monkey: at work quite as much

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
bluebug32 said:
I'll sell you some urine in exchange for AE gear and your bike. How much is to worth to ya? ;)
Did you ever see the Seinfeld where Elaine gets Mrs. Constanza's urine for her test, which she's been failing due to poppyseed bagels??

MD

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
MikeD said:
Did you ever see the Seinfeld where Elaine gets Mrs. Constanza's urine for her test, which she's been failing due to poppyseed bagels??

MD
Yeah and the day i found out I got the job, i had one for breakfast, talk about luck...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
SkaredShtles said:
The horror! You better post a bunch before you start so we get our manhattanprjkt83 fill before you leave. :rolleyes:
I'll still be on, only i wont be refreshing the lounge with f5 every 4 seconds like i do at my current job. Im actually going to like this one, so i want to make a good impression. :)

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
What kind of test are they going to give you? One thing you should know about drug tests are that they have to be specific. In other words, they have to test for pot, meth, crack, or whatever separately. They might not even test for mary jane, they may be looking for hardcore drugs, considering that the tests for pot are the most expensive to administer.

If you're really worried about it, go to a local head shop and tell them your story. One of my friends bought something, and was able to pass a pee-test 3 days after smoking...