Quantcast

So if one wants to try snowboarding

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
A&N=where? and what is cheap to u? Cheap as in man who makes salary to support family or cheap as in im a college kid who works as a parking attendant.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Actually most resorts I've been to will have a local board hire place which will rent you everything you need. Might want your own gloves and socks though. Rental socks = gross.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i just sold a whole bunch of snow gear **** on ebay. pants, gloves, thermals. they didn't get much money at all, despite being good quality stuff in excellent shape. so perhaps eBay?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i was in a similar position to you. going snowboarding for the first time, didn't know about clothing rental...er, didn't trust clothing rental, so i went out and bought my own thinking i'd go boarding multiple times. i was surprised to find a fairly large selection of snow equipment here. must be for the rich folk that can afford traveling to ski often.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Dartman said:
One important piece of clothing for a beginner snowboarder is a pair of those foam padded DH bike shorts (Crashpads).
bah. then you will just feel like you are snowboarding in a diaper.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
mobius said:
What do i do if i have no clothing to go? is their such thing as snow gear rental or what?
see if you can borrow from your friends first.

second an ok pair of bib's go for less than a $100 bucks and so does a cheap shell.
head down to your academy (or the like) and pick up a few pairs for their double layer long johns $40 for 2 full pair.
a couple of pair NICE smart wool socks $30
and some gloves $35
Oh and a beanie and some goggles.
boots, bindings and board run about $130 a week depending on where you go.

But for really really cheap see if you can borrow a shell, bib’s, boots, bindings and board.

Lift tickets are to goocher though no way around that expense.

if you go over to slopemonkey the might be able to help out.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MancilG said:
this looks like a post for SLOPEMONKEY
Yeah yeah, and car threads should be posted on car forums, and iPod threads should be posted on ipodlounge.com, and computer questions should be posted on computer forums, and home improvement threads should be posted at doityourself.com, and...well, you get the point. :blah:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dont you already have gloves & a winter jacket?

my local big sports store has snow pants for $20

then just layer up, my bet is unless its under 10 degrees you will be plenty warm cause you''ll be working hard trying to stay up & then constantly getting back up from falling!!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Thanks for the info guys. And i didn't post this on slopemonkey because im to lazy to register thats all, hell im to lazy to type in slopemonkey.com