Quantcast

So if the passes wont open for us in the summer...

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
yeah, i think they're advertising at just over 1k a piece but that ought to come down as they come of age. It'd be so sick to have a mob of people on those.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
hmmm, I guess I'm the only one here who thinks this is pretty gay. Several versions of "Ski-bikes" have been popping up for several years now. The Pass even rented them for a while. but, they gave up on that. I'm surprised people keep trying to make a buck at it.
That they are that expensive is even crazier.

Liquid10

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bellingham, WA
That North Legion bike looks sick:cheers: . According to the NSMB article they did everything they could to make it feel like a mountain bike. I will have to verify this in the winter:biggrin:

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
Don't just talk about it guys ! you've got to try this I've been ski-biking for years and it rocks. We do lots of sic back country steep and deep on both Mt. Hood and St. Helens and Resort stuff at Hoodoo with groomed runs and terrain park :biggrin:

It rocks

I run an azonic love seat on it in the winter and its getting a new set of 99cm snowblades this year...I can't wait for snow:happydance:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
why would one ski-bike instead of just skiing?

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
where did you pick up those pegs? the ones that come with the winterx don't look so big
Those are actually just Red Line stunt pegs the kind the bmx guys put on their axles, they are just bolted together through the bb hole and I add the braces back to the chainstays when I can. (hardtail or that urt on the warp) it gives a very large stable platform for your feet.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
Those are actually just Red Line stunt pegs the kind the bmx guys put on their axles, they are just bolted together through the bb hole... QUOTE]

sounds like that would eff up your bb. what do you use to keep the bolt from going all over the place?

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
yeah snow biking is pretty dang fun. it's like nothing else. if anyone wants to like meet up this seasn and try mine or somthing, by all means. i think it would be great to have more people on the slopes.

about stevens not having 'em, i wouldn't sweat it. most of the runs there are probably too steep for snow bikes i would imagine. but like it's been said, you have to try it to see what i mean.

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
Those are actually just Red Line stunt pegs the kind the bmx guys put on their axles, they are just bolted together through the bb hole... QUOTE]

sounds like that would eff up your bb. what do you use to keep the bolt from going all over the place?

The pegs are tapered enough on the ends that they cant move around, if you need more of a bevel take them to a bench grinder before bolting them on. And haven't tried putting a bb back in , I biuld my bikes out of old retired parts that will never see wheels again so I don't have to tear my wheeled bikes apart to go ski-biking. That warp frame is an awesome ski bike and it sucked on wheels its on snow for life:biggrin:

(edit) I have had the pegs back off both of my bikes and the frames and threads looked fine. I think I could put a BB back in , with no problems.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Don't just talk about it guys ! you've got to try this I've been ski-biking for years and it rocks. We do lots of sic back country steep and deep on both Mt. Hood and St. Helens and Resort stuff at Hoodoo with groomed runs and terrain park :biggrin:

It rocks
I run an azonic love seat on it in the winter and its getting a new set of 99cm snowblades this year...I can't wait for snow:happydance:
Perfect! Thanks for the picts Deweydude. Now I know how I'm going to fabricate my ski carriages. And thanks too for the tip in the pegs. I have an old URT frame begging for this treatment. Hope my friend was able to find some kids' skis at the ski swap this weekend.