Quantcast

So I'm a hom....er... mortgage owner.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
gigapower said:
congrats, bought my first house in feb. kiss your free time goodbye as you will always see little things that you want to improve.
Werd.
Although the "big things my wife wants to improve" list is way longer than my "little things that I want to improve" list...:help: :help:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
MMike said:
Already there. We went by today....

Is it normal to think "Oh no...what have I done?"
Nope, because you end up finding a new work ethic you didnt know existed AND odds are you will make money on the home someday, so.....nice job!

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
gigapower said:
congrats, bought my first house in feb. kiss your free time goodbye as you will always see little things that you want to improve.
Things you will now do with your spare time instead of riding:

1. Mow the lawn
2. Water the lawn
3. Trim the bushes
4. Clean the gutters
5. Fix the gutter that came loose while you were cleaning it
6. Paint every room
7. Remodel the bathroom
8. Remodel the kitchen
9. Remodel the basement
10. Remodel the bathroom you just remodeled last year
11. Sit around waiting for the plumber to come by to give you an estimate on fixing the leaky pipes in the basement
12. Try fixing leaky pipes yourself
13. Call plumber back to fix pipes that you made worse by trying to do it yourself
14. Visit Home Depot 12 times per week
15. Install ceiling fans
16. Take trash to curb every tuesday and thursday

and on and on and on and on....

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Yeah...being a homeowner kinda kills some riding time....but if you keep up on most of the piddly crap when it's dark out (like after work) you can keep your weekends pretty free....sometimes....

Be prepared to replace appliances...it sucks....just like bike parts, you get what you pay for.

And whatever you do....DO NOT start a landscaping project yourself. It will only end in having a gravel pit in your backyard for 4 1/2 months....I worked as a hardscape professional for 5 years, knew what I was doing, and it still happened to me :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: It only ends when you call in other professional help...just like the plumber.... :dancing:

It's nice being able to come home to "your" place at the end of the day though! Congrats. Have fun!!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
umm, instead of buying "as is" or "handy man special" go with "move in condition" and if you're always riding (like me) you wont even notice what color the walls are, if the lawn needs cutting or if the gutter is loose........well unless you have one of those wifey things that will nag your ass to do everything on pixelninja's list