Quantcast

So Im about to make one of those which frames threads but its mad easy. TR450vsRevolt

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Ok, so I currently have a Revolt (had it for about 2 years) and I LOVE the bike but the opportunity might present itself through the shop I work at to cop a TR450. downside is I couldnt keep both frames.

Anyone ridden both? Thoughts on it.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
There is a Revolt, a Session 88, and a TR450 in my garage right now. I've ridden all 3, and would gladly ride any of them without complaint. All of them feel slightly different from each other as is to be expected, but the geometry is sound and none seems to do anything out of the ordinary.

I'm not going to give a blow by blow analysis of any of the bikes since they all pass the test of being fully DH worthy in my estimation. You can't lose with either choice you make, but it is awfully nice to get a shiny new frame after a while . . .

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
The TR's are really poppy, which isn't really my style, but they seem good at what they do. Super stiff in the back. Heavy-ish I guess? Maybe I've just seen them with heavy builds.

Geo is really nice and aggressive. Only thing I would change would be the seat angle on the large.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I've ridden both my room mate and a team mate both have one and I prefer the feel of the Revolt. The Tr450 is a great bike and an absolute night and day improvement over the Blindside or any previous offerings. They both feel very similar as the geometry is nearly identical and the suspension is more or less the same. Either way you can't really go wrong but I say stick with the revolt, if your really itching for something new spend it on some new suspension parts.

-edit- I do agree that the TR seems noticeably more poppy, which can be good or bad depending on how you like to ride.

Last edited: