Quantcast

So I'm moving to Crested Butte...

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
Any advice?

Working at a bank, which should be pretty decent. Planning on living in Mt. CB, but the town would be a second choice. May or may not have a roommate coming up there with me.

Any tips for survival? Things you wished you would have known in my position? I'm excited but a bit scared... never lived full time in the mountains before...

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
#1 DO NOT MARRY a chick from the Butte!#2 learn to drink cheap beer. #3Don't skipack preseason for CBMR, it's a scam.#4 learn which side of the road to park on which nights, they are not joking.#5 keep an eye out for things that get abandoned after the season. (cars and sleds)#6 buy all your gear from Dave and Jacob at the Air Up There!....that's a start, I lived there 97-00 so some stuff might be different. I say the Butte is a place for amatuer alcoholics who want to turn pro, but it is fun. Oh and remember the bank at the four way once blew apart in an explosion!

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
#1 DO NOT MARRY a chick from the Butte!#2 learn to drink cheap beer. #3Don't skipack preseason for CBMR, it's a scam.#4 learn which side of the road to park on which nights, they are not joking.#5 keep an eye out for things that get abandoned after the season. (cars and sleds)#6 buy all your gear from Dave and Jacob at the Air Up There!....that's a start, I lived there 97-00 so some stuff might be different. I say the Butte is a place for amatuer alcoholics who want to turn pro, but it is fun. Oh and remember the bank at the four way once blew apart in an explosion!
Haha, thanks for the insight. I heard that about the bank, fortunately they supposedly remedied the problem.

Could you elaborate on #3? Not entirely sure what that means...

And yep I'm pretty lucky. However, it's fairly difficult to find a decent place to rent when you have a dog. Odd for such a dog friendly town.

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
cbmr has a deal where you can go out with patrol before the mt opens and walk sideways down steep slopes packing in the snow so it sticks and makes a base. After you do so many days of hard labor you get a pass, Well one year everyone went out and week after week and packed snow.Being typical lowbaggers working for a pass, they burned alot of herb. Ski patrol always looked away and everyone was happy. Then on the last day, as a session kicks in, patrol comes running up and busts everyone and basically says" How dare you guys do this illegal act" " you all lose your passes!" Suckers! so I just think that sucks, one of my friends got burned