Quantcast

So I'm probably moving to Alaska

Big_Papa1080

Village Idiot
Dec 10, 2001
Fairbanks, Alaska
I might be moving up to Fairbanks before the end of the summer, and I want to get a new bike when I get there. Is there anyone who's in that general vicinity (I use "vicinity" very loosely here) that could let me know where some trails are. I checked the state parks and I didn't really come up with much in the way of mountain biking, mostly just like riding paths and snowmobile trails, nothing technical. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and perhaps I could ride with a few monkey's while I'm there. Thanks again.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
I spent a couple of weeks up there during the winter of 07, while I was there I saw 2 or 3 bike shops near where I was staying in Fairbanks. Pretty well stocked too, some dh and all mtn bikes in stock I dont remember the names of any of them but I do know that there is a bit of a "scene" there. The guys up there were telling me about a few trails in the area so again there is something you'll just have to ask the locals. Look out for bears!

Big_Papa1080

Village Idiot
Dec 10, 2001
Fairbanks, Alaska
thanks for the tip on beaver sports, they had a bunch of good links on their site, so it looks like ill be doing plenty of riding one i get there, cold be damned.