Quantcast

So in about a span of a weekend....

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
JRogers said:
Have you ever spent a good amount of time in NJ? Seen the riding, the people and the "good parts"? Seriously, on the whole, it's a nice place. Most of the people who say stuff like this usually respond with something to the effect of "well, I drove through it once" or "I've been to Newark Airport."

Jersey gets hated on by almost every state in the union. That's why
I am the president of my college's Lovers of the Garden State club. And, no, I'm not kidding.

Haha...nice. Actually, I don't hate Jersey, but (out of all of New England), it definitely wouldn't be my first choice of places to live. Yes, I have spent a fair amount of time there. I don't feel like the benefits outweigh the incredibly high cost of living, insuring a car, lack of funding for education and dealing with so many people and their cars squeezed into such a small state. It's just not for me, but I can definately see why people want to live there. There is some nature, a beautiful shore and some charming towns.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
bluebug32 said:
Haha...nice. Actually, I don't hate Jersey, but (out of all of New England), it definitely wouldn't be my first choice of places to live. Yes, I have spent a fair amount of time there. I don't feel like the benefits outweigh the incredibly high cost of living, insuring a car, lack of funding for education and dealing with so many people and their cars squeezed into such a small state. It's just not for me, but I can definately see why people want to live there. There is some nature, a beautiful shore and some charming towns.
You are aware that NJ is not in New England, right? Whatev. Yeah, you're right about the cost of living and insurance. But, salaries are high and, in general, the schools are pretty good.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
JRogers said:
Have you ever spent a good amount of time in NJ? Seen the riding, the people and the "good parts"? Seriously, on the whole, it's a nice place. Most of the people who say stuff like this usually respond with something to the effect of "well, I drove through it once" or "I've been to Newark Airport."

Jersey gets hated on by almost every state in the union. That's why
I am the president of my college's Lovers of the Garden State club. And, no, I'm not kidding.
Awesome. Finally someone defends Jersey. It's not bad in PLACES. Some places are horrific, but some are beautiful.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
Layers son! :D

And when it gets unbearable, ride the trainer. Unless you're splat, in which case there is no such thing as "unbearable" :p
:stupid: Last year I rode outside until we went to AZ in Feb. and then headed back out a few times more until we had too much snow :D