Quantcast

So instead of posting in general forums......

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I love to cook from time to time. Just made the wife some Russian tea cakes for Valentine's Day, and they are excellent. Time to add those to my list of.....

Creme brulee,
Pizza (yeah, I know, big deal, but it's fun to toss the dough like a semi-pro),
Homemade pesto sauce,
Moon pies,
Chicken spring rolls,
Ice cream,
Bagels,
Pretzels,
Breads (especially sourdough. Have the same starter from about 2yrs ago),
and my own gels and bars.

And no, this is not 6* of separation from that Bacon character. It's my own cooking and no help from Guy, Rachel, Adam, or any other of those fancy-shmancy tv cooks.......

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Is chicken okay in the house?

My lady has been a meat free vegetarian for 24 years but she doesn't mind others cooking meat in the house.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Is chicken okay in the house?

My lady has been a meat free vegetarian for 24 years but she doesn't mind others cooking meat in the house.

Yes, chicken and turkey are ok, though there's only so many ways those can be prepared. What I do behind her back for my dining pleasure, and don't get caught, is safe for me, hahaha......

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
what's her deal with cow/pig? religion?
Oh, she's just paranoid of all the "chemicals" used in the raising of said beef/pork. It's ok with me, I actually feel better now than I did before we got together, diet-wise. Granted, I do have the very occasional beef or pork, 'cuz like I've debated with her before, man is known to be hunters and gatherers......

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh, she's just paranoid of all the "chemicals" used in the raising of said beef/pork. It's ok with me, I actually feel better now than I did before we got together, diet-wise. Granted, I do have the very occasional beef or pork, 'cuz like I've debated with her before, man is known to be hunters and gatherers......
but she's ok with the chemicals in the raising of chickens? sorry, but that's just idiotic.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Making someone your bitch is always good for a nice testosterone dump. Feeling super alpha today (I hate when people say that "alpha" sh!t, but that's the best way to describe it). Not grumpy at all.

I wish the kid had wanted to fight back instead of being a pussy. I was just off from two hours of Jiu Jitsu so I was pumped and ready for blood.

But seriously, mantispf seems like an ok bro, no reason to rag on his lady. That can only lead to trouble.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Oh boy, all I wanted to do was say I was on a cooking high and enjoy what I make. Rock, don't know what the martial arts tangent is, however, when you're confronted like it sounds you were, go for the jugular(sp?). I'm ok with what folks say, so it won't lead to trouble. I even liked the comment regarding a Vegas pic I posted when someone said it looked like Davis, Jr., was looking down my wife's top. And jK, believe me, I've had the whole "we were called hunters and gatherers in the beginning for a reason" with wifey. It's fine with me. She did give me the best present any lady could ever give, so please don't make me pull that card on you, haha.

Now, who wants some bacon-wrapped bagels with creme brulee's or moon pies for desert? You'll have to bring the beer, though....... To be followed by several shuttle trips to the top of Mammoth and bomb the Kamikazee at night, if you dare.....................

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
How about locally raised / butchered beef/pork? Expensive, but then again the taste is worth it. Technically "organic" has to be raised without antibiotics or growth hormones, and have to be fed certified organic feed, so that might be another option?

Wife was a vegetarian when we met. Beer and chicken wings "cured" her. :)