Quantcast

So is anyone freaking out about hurricane Irene?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Let me tell you how we handle hurricanes in Fla: Completely fvcking ignore it unless it's coming straight for you and less than 24 hours away.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
If we can handle earthquakes we can handle a hurricane. Kinda.....

The models change so much, right now my area The Hudson Valley is set up for a pretty good hit but I'll believe it 24hrs before it happens.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I live in Phoenix now, I don't care about hurricanes, earth quakes, snow, or for that matter any acts of god.

Now Mexicans, being able to carry my gun, and the gubment taking away my social security benefirts, on the other hand, concern me much more than they used to.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Manufacturing manager at work sent out an email to the company this morning that said something to the effect of "To celebrate the upcoming hurricane this weekend, we should all wear Hawaiian shirts to work on Friday"....I was going to reply something smartass and CC the whole company, but I was honestly left trying to figure out how the fvck Hawaiian shirts have anything to do with a hurricane on the east coast.

That said, I pulled the plastic chairs and inflatable floating lounge chairs off the pool deck just in case. #firstworldproblems

Last edited:

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
I'm annoyed that it will be hampering my riding plans.
:stupid:
For once I agree with Westy. Been raining here for three weekends now. :mad: :banghead:
Lots of severe weather warnings, tons of lighting and hail last week. I rode tonight after work just to get a ride in because Irene is coming right up our bay and going to do a no holds barred cage match with Maryland.

My only worry is my hot pepper plants outside in back of my house. Tomorrow night I have to build a temporary shelter for them. Off to Home Depot to buy some ply wood...

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I just punched the Cat. Little Bastard didn't even see it coming. He always acts surprised. Don't animals percieve disaster? If so then why didn't my cat go and hide? I don't understand it's like all scientific and stuff....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I'm more concerned about the impending zombie apocalypse. Loss of electricity will mean that I'll have to revert to alternative methods for making weapons. But I do enjoy a good challenge.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm going to go get a loaf of Bread and some cold cuts , mostly because we are out of them .
Gonna get some turkey are ya? Maybe a little roast beef...pastrami...cheddar cheese? What kind of mustard do you like? Boars Head makes an excellent spicy mustard that's like $11.99 for two ounces.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Looks like it's going to be about 75miles out side of Ocean City MD when it passes by my neck of the woods. We should see some high wings and rain but nothing major. I'll pick up a case of beer just to be on the safe side

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Looks like it's going to be about 75miles out side of Ocean City MD when it passes by my neck of the woods. We should see some high wings and rain but nothing major. I'll pick up a case of beer just to be on the safe side
10 oz. Buds?

We lived in New Orleans for 10 years, being on the east coast and a Cat 1 passing by just means I won't have to water the garden.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
im pulling my boat outta the water, only because i dont feel like going to find it after the storm. just to make it clear my boat is not kept in a marina its kept on a mooring at the beach so if a storm hits it would be right in the middle of it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i approve of getting high and eating wings as a way to pass time during a hurricane.

splat

Nam I am
Gonna get some turkey are ya? Maybe a little roast beef...pastrami...cheddar cheese? What kind of mustard do you like? Boars Head makes an excellent spicy mustard that's like $11.99 for two ounces.
Turkey , Ham , a little Bologna, and of course some cheese. Might also go get one of the propane tanks filled , can't have it running out while I'm grilling me some burgers .

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Turkey , Ham , a little Bologna, and of course some cheese. Might also go get one of the propane tanks filled , can't have it running out while I'm grilling me some burgers .
I like your forward thinking on the propane (I tell ya whut). Filled my 2nd tank last night.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
So having lived in SFL for most of my life until late 2005, I can tell you that if you are in the path of the cone of death you should be prepared. Florida, unlike many other coastal states has pretty strict building codes. I lived through a direct hit of a Cat1/2 (read not too severe) Hurricane and for hours I listened to my roof hold on for its life, while random debris pummeled my hurricane shutters. Those same type of winds would devestate my cookie cutter house in Charlotte. Then of course there were the 2 WEEKS without power.

That was fun

From the dealership where I worked

From my neighborhood