Quantcast

So is anyone freaking out about hurricane Irene?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
As soon as hurricane season is over you can buy like-new generators for cheap around here. People realize the loud racket for days and $100 in gas isn't worth saving $50 worth of food. A common question after the outage is "How do I hook this generator to my house AC?"... Yeah, seriously. Luckily these same dumbasses go out and grievously injure themselves with their brand new chainsaw shortly after asking, so it's a self-solving problem.
ROFL, I was just thinking I hop the storm blows some trees down, I slacked this year taking any trees down on my property. :)

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Oh, didn't realize you were supplied.
Then go get guns.
As you know, besides couches and flat screen TV's, the thing most likely to be looted is your beer. Hell, if I lived near you, and I was sans road soda, I would have to use my plethora of firearms to hijack your supplies.

Better safe than sorry.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh, didn't realize you were supplied.
Then go get guns.
As you know, besides couches and flat screen TV's, the thing most likely to be looted is your beer. Hell, if I lived near you, and I was sans road soda, I would have to use my plethora of firearms to hijack your supplies.

Better safe than sorry.
You bring the guns i got the booze. We'd make quite a formidable team.,

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
You bring the guns i got the booze. We'd make quite a formidable team.,
I want in. No guns to contribute, but I've got a machete, a couple chainsaws, and all manner of heavy blunt things. And of course moar booze.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I'm heading out tomm evening after work to get my pops boat out of the water in Oriental--that right about at the projected impact zone. Won't get there until about 10:30pm. It's going to be a real hoot to navigate the Neuse River in pitch black with a hurricane on my tail then get the hell back to higher ground. Should be back home around dawn on Sat. One. Really. Long. Day. :thumb:

Not freaking out...just pissed it's gonna screw up the fishing for a few weeks.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I'm heading out tomm evening after work to get my pops boat out of the water in Oriental--that right about at the projected impact zone. Won't get there until about 10:30pm. It's going to be a real hoot to navigate the Neuse River in pitch black with a hurricane on my tail then get the hell back to higher ground. Should be back home around dawn on Sat. One. Really. Long. Day. :thumb:

Not freaking out...just pissed it's gonna screw up the fishing for a few weeks.
Think of it as a mission. Get er done...

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Won't get there until about 10:30pm. It's going to be a real hoot to navigate the Neuse River in pitch black with a hurricane on my tail then get the hell back to higher ground.
I have one of those big million CW spotlights you can swing by and pick up if it will help.

Looks like nothing but some rain and wind for us inlanders...I am dissapoint, I was hoping for some tree destruction.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I've had to make major modifications to my lifestyle due to Irene: I canceled a BBQ planned for Saturday, will make an unplanned stop at the local Costco after work tomorrow to stock up on this and that, AND will probably elect to take all my gas-guzzling means of transportation to the corner gas station tomorrow evening in order to top off their tanks with the precious sheikh-juice.

Life is tough here, but somehow I survive each harrowing day.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Toshi, be safe.

I'm almost on the line, but I am not really worried about it, it is what it is and there is nothing I can do about it, so why worry.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Jersey Shore told to evacuate.

While I am never going to be 100% "ok" with hurricanes just due to Katrina, it would go a long way to square things with me, hurricanes, and God if he would just wipe the Jersey Sore off the map.

Do you think the Gov's warning also applies to herpes and syphilis? If the special breed of STD's those Jersey Shore fvck-o's takes refuge out in the real world, we won't need to wait for 2012, there will be chancre covered zombies pillaging the country side looking for smush smush and hair gel.

Never mind protecting the beer boys and girls, we need to stop this outbreak before it stops. I've got 70 some guns, we need to make best use of them along the border of New Jersey. This must be stopped.

Do you really want this on your front door step?

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Jersey Shore told to evacuate.

While I am never going to be 100% "ok" with hurricanes just due to Katrina, it would go a long way to square things with me, hurricanes, and God if he would just wipe the Jersey Sore off the map.

Do you think the Gov's warning also applies to herpes and syphilis? If the special breed of STD's those Jersey Shore fvck-o's takes refuge out in the real world, we won't need to wait for 2012, there will be chancre covered zombies pillaging the country side looking for smush smush and hair gel.

Never mind protecting the beer boys and girls, we need to stop this outbreak before it stops. I've got 70 some guns, we need to make best use of them along the border of New Jersey. This must be stopped.
New episode in 1/2 hour...........get ready.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My yard is all yellow and Hay like, Was that Zombies? I would like to find something to blame them on so I can have fun killing zombies too. Sign me up!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
During a zombie apocalypse you can hit people in the face with the blunt object of your choice without any fear of legal repercussions. You know this right ? Think of it as hockey but without the skates.
Keep the skates. It's not a hockey game until someone has been stabbed in the neck with the blade.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Pauly said that right? That dude actually cracks me up quite a bit.
haha yea. i replayed that section like 3 times... it was too funny. then it showed ronnie sitting on the phone sweating profusely

him and vinny are the funniest part of the show. and probably the most normal (which isn't saying much). those two should have their own talk show. they could be the next conan / andy richter.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
haha yea. i replayed that section like 3 times... it was too funny. then it showed ronnie sitting on the phone sweating profusely

him and vinny are the funniest part of the show. and probably the most normal (which isn't saying much). those two should have their own talk show. they could be the next conan / andy richter.
I was dying last episode when they were playing on the 8" foosball table. Those 2 dudes are hilarious.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am thinking I live far enough inland that I am not going to die. Which is good, because I plan on looting NYC after they all die. Is everyone in Boston going to die too? I may head there instead as I suppose the looting will be better there....

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
This is god squaring things for NOLA. If Karma exists, DC is fvcked.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
good luck bitches! Looooot more beeeeers. Make notes of the loose crap in your neighbors yards so you know who to blame when you find it in your living room tomorrow.
most essential gear:
beers
gas (seriously fill up now I wasn&#8217;t able to fill up for almost 2weeks after ike)
beers.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Phone call to my dad in the Bronx, knowing he watches about 6 hours a day of news:

me: did you hear about the hurricane?

dad: what hurricane?

me: you know, Irene!

dad: yeah, i heard something about it.

me: you better get on the subway out of town on Sunday!

dad: did you know the Battery station is going to get 10 feet of water, flood the whole system, electrocute everything.

me: maybe it will kill all the rats and homeless people down there.

dad: that would be a good thing.

me: how much water do you have?

dad: uh, 1 gallon.

me: dad, that's not going to be enough. you gotta get more.

dad: well, i have 10 gallons of soda. a two month supply.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I have no idea what the geography up there is, but if you live near the coast a few things I would suggest...

Gas up BOTH your cars and buy yourselves a few gas cans and fill them up too. 2 days after Wilma in South Florida I left for Tampa (300 miles away). In Tampa I couldnt find a gas container to purchase. Home Depot/Lowes you name it were OUT. I was smart enough to go to a "Race shop" and find 2 left before I had to head back for work. The biggest problem that lingered for a few weeks was getting gas. Between the supply chain being disrupted and power being out to gas stations, as soon as the power came on to a station and they had gas you were sitting in line for hours to fill up.
A power converter that works off your car was a good thing to have too. Since we had gas, sitting/sleeping in the air conditioned car was always welcome. Being without AC in SFL sucked.
Make sure you have gas for your grill too, cold spaghettio's are only good the first time you have to eat them.
look at you talking all smart and ****. I havent looked recently but the storm looked HUGE and angry. did you remind everyone to pull out some cash? Couple of hundreded bucks JIC.